Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bayer 04 Leverkusen 3 - 0 Bayern Munich

Jimmy Grimble

The Xabi Alonso Derby?
The perfect audition. Not that he needs it.

Leverkusen are 11/2 to win the Europa League, FWIW.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Can anyone explain the fans protest before (during) the matches?
Something about the broadcasters. Is fan power in Germany that big?
Clubs in the top 2 divisions narrowly voted a motion proposed by their FA to sell a percentage of their broadcast rights to private equity firms.
Fans are opposed to this. There is an innate hatred of ‘modern’ football and its monetarisation. The majority of German clubs are firmly rooted in community ownership and engagement.

It’s a bit more complex than a two sentence answer, but if you’re interested then google the concept of 50 +1 ownership and also why most German football fans hate RB Leipzig who adopted a MK Dons approach to buy their their success and continue to flout the 50+1 rule, and to a certain extent Hoffenheim although they have now agreed to a new ownership model.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Don't Leverkusen have a history of messing up? Neverkusen and Loserkusen seem to stick in the memory. It might be too soon to laugh at our trophy less, glory chasing, shit for brains England cappo.

Dec 29, 2011
Don't Leverkusen have a history of messing up? Neverkusen and Loserkusen seem to stick in the memory. It might be too soon to laugh at our trophy less, glory chasing, shit for brains England cappo.
Bit harsh, always comes across as quite down to earth for the most famous footballer in England. Doesn't do stupid things like some of his predecessors. Keeps himself to himself and made a brave move to Germany to try to achieve success in his career.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Bit harsh, always comes across as quite down to earth for the most famous footballer in England. Doesn't do stupid things like some of his predecessors. Keeps himself to himself and made a brave move to Germany to try to achieve success in his career.

Harsh, maybe but fair as well.

He made his brother his agent (with no experience), signed a long contract and then wondered why he couldn't get out of Spurs. If Levy was 2 moves ahead on the game on the Chess board, Harry thought he was playing draughts. He does strike me as incredibly thick.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very harsh. I have pretty much don’t a 180 on my views on him given the transfer, his reasons for it and also the way he has conducted himself in Germany.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Choking is more a Dortmund 'thing.' A few titles have been gifted to Bayern during their Bundesliga dominance of recent years thanks to Dortmund imploding. The worst being last season on the final game day. Just needed to beat a mid table on the beach team to win the title. The predictable happened.....

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Choking is more a Dortmund 'thing.' A few titles have been gifted to Bayern during their Bundesliga dominance of recent years thanks to Dortmund imploding. The worst being last season on the final game day. Just needed to beat a mid table on the beach team to win the title. The predictable happened.....
@Iggle Piggle is correct. I lost count of the number of times ‘Neverkusen’ - I can’t remember what it was in German - was mentioned during commentary. And this was from the German co-commentator.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I’d quite like Kane to win the Bundesliga golden boot though. I’m sure he’d love the trophy he’d get 😂😂

IMG_7955.jpeg

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
An awful weekend for already humour-devoid Tuchel … Bayer Leverkusen win away, whilst Bochum beat Bayern, giving an 8 point gap.

I will always thank TT for his role in this comedy :lolol:

Isn’t palaces #1 target in the making waiting to see if the Bayern job comes up instead, love it if Tommy T gets sacked tomorrow night after a palace drubbing as well

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Just catching up on yesterday's game. Never say ‘Neverkusen’ again. Pitch invasion after 4th and 5th goals. Ref blew final whistle while supporters were still on the pitch after the 5th.

I feel for Harry Kane. I wonder where he'll go next season in search of a league title :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just catching up on yesterday's game. Never say ‘Neverkusen’ again. Pitch invasion after 4th and 5th goals. Ref blew final whistle while supporters were still on the pitch after the 5th.

I feel for Harry Kane. I wonder where he'll go next season in search of a league title :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
To think he could have gone to Man City if Levy had let him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here