Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bassouma

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Rumour of a nice bidding war developing here between Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd & Real Madrid. That means top dollar and funding for a player who can actually shoot!

Moder will have a lot to live up to though. Biss is the best all round midfielder the Albion have ever had in my opinion.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Rumour of a nice bidding war developing here between Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd & Real Madrid. That means top dollar and funding for a player who can actually shoot!

Moder will have a lot to live up to though. Biss is the best all round midfielder the Albion have ever had in my opinion.

he is pure class, and there is a lot more to come from him in his development.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we know Bloom plays hardball in transfers, eel not let anyone leave in this window.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I think you'll find that faced between paying for that or the alternative, we'll choose to pay over the odds for the type who can score for fun against little teams like St Mirren, VVV Venlo, St Truiden or Rio Ave, but is absolutely shit in a league like the Premier league.

Yes, one quality striker or three of the above, we'll take the three new "strikers" option.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
4800263e3870f87fa69a3596f22edc89.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think you'll find that faced between paying for that or the alternative, we'll choose to pay over the odds for the type who can score for fun against little teams like St Mirren, VVV Venlo, St Truiden or Rio Ave, but is absolutely shit in a league like the Premier league.

Yes, one quality striker or three of the above, we'll take the three new "strikers" option.

And they can join Zeqiri in being played completely out of position at left wing-back or some such!

I wonder if Manchester United's need for a central midfield player has become slightly less urgent after McTominay's display yesterday.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd be surprised if Bissouma was subject to a big enough offer for TB to contemplate selling our best midfielder in the middle of a tough season.

Let us not forget, the January transfer window typically starts with around 21 games played and ends with around 25 played. This season the window is going to open with around 16 games played, and closed with around 21 played. It's a different dynamic to whom you might sell or not as more of the season is going to be left to play.

For all his plaudits, and I think he has been impressive, I can't recall him having a shot of target for several games now. This season his shooting accuracy is just 11%. In 13 appearances we have just 2 on target of 19 shots, 0 assists – if we were talking about Propper or Stephens, they'd be getting a roasting. Given his talent, and I rate him highly, I'm not trying to be overly critical, he has more to give I feel.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

So an agent lets it be known that his player, who is in a decent run of form, is being sought by several big clubs. Of course it must be true!

I remember long ago when Alan Smith was banging in goals for Leicester before his move to Arsenal and had been linked with a move to Real Madrid - the links were so strong that the signing was reported as 'imminent' by one tabloid. Unfortunately, when Ramon Mendoza, the then-President of Real, was asked about him by the Madrid press, Mendoza had to confess that he'd never actually heard of him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure why he'd make a sideways step to Liverpool or Real Madrid.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13536125/man-utd-real-madrid-yves-bissouma-transfer/

I'm going to do my best Stat Brother impression here so that he wont have to:

Another thread about selling our best players.:shrug:

Everyone forgetting:
Mr Bloom never did it before.
The exemples are plenty.
Dunk.
Stephens.
Fulham and Burnley said yes. Mr Bloom said no.

We are no longer a small club. Our ambitious leader would never sell our best players.
The sky is the limit. The owls are not what they seem. My tie is red.
With Mr Bloom we bicycle to the moon.

statbrother.jpg

Personally though I think Tony would say "£40m sounds good" and Bissouma would have no complaints about having to leave for Real or Liverpool.

Would be a fantastic deal, knowing that its possible to go from Brighton to Real or Liverpool would make the club really attractive to a lot of talented players.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Misguided, pointless thread based on agent/media shite, and players name incorrect. Also ignores existing thread on player. 1/10. Must try harder.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
he is pure class, and there is a lot more to come from him in his development.

Several times in recent games he seems to have lost the ball and stretches out a foot , doesn't touch an opponent and still manages to pass to an Albion player.

Seems to have so much time.
Massive improvement this season. I just wish he could shoot better and more often.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Seems as we approach every transfer window, idiots feel it necessary to billboard garbage on here.
If OP is confident, fair play, but show us your £100 betting slip that confirms you "believe".

Personally, Biss is showing as our most tough / aggressive player just now - selling him would make our under-belly even more softer than it currently is.
Unless it's silly money £60m+ he ain't going nowhere ...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Seems as we approach every transfer window, idiots feel it necessary to billboard garbage on here.
If OP is confident, fair play, but show us your £100 betting slip that confirms you "believe".

Personally, Biss is showing as our most tough / aggressive player just now - selling him would make our under-belly even more softer than it currently is.

And only if a £40-60 million striker already lined up....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Misguided, pointless thread based on agent/media shite, and players name incorrect. Also ignores existing thread on player. 1/10. Must try harder.

With the greatest of respect **** OFF

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Not confident at all, but just picked up the talkshite reports this morning, the BBC sport site and also sky sports site that all seemed to be pointing to something.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I suppose if we sell our best player it gives Potter an excuse to hide behind for being so ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here