Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Baffled by the dishwasher

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Something that intrigues me is that when I set ours off it displays the minutes until the wash finishes and these always vary. This makes me wonder it there is a little dish washer android incorporated into the device that counts the items within, reviews their level of dirtinness and calculates how long the cycle needs to be.

Any dishwasher enthusiasts on here who can enlighten me? Should I get out more??
Most modern day dishwashers have a mini camera that scans the items inside during said wash, then distinguishes type, size and then determines time to take to wash.
If you stay to look during wash cycle, you may see the camera flash going off.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can write programmes on my laptop for my accounts. Designed my own website from scratch. My house is fully automated with Alexa for lights & heating.
But my dishwasher has 6 options, all of which baffle me and my washing maching needs a PhD of something. It has 6 buttons and each button has 5 options. What on earth do they all mean?
It’s telling you not to meddle in these things.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Each dishwasher cycle has predetermined durations. One factor is the type of programme selected eg a heavy wash programme will be longer than a lighter programme. There is a weight sensor that then works out the weight of the top and bottom trays so that the precise time within each programme can be determined. This is one of the reasons why you should never sit on a dishwasher.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There is one make of dishwasher that projects the time of cycle onto the kitchen floor, who the f*** wants to know that? Load up press start and goto bed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My bafflement is caused by the fact mine beeps very loudly 6 times on completion. Who ever asked for this?
My Air Fryer bleeps 5 times on completion, maybe there is some kind of bleep order of importance ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here