Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away match recommendations, please.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What do you mean by split up? I went to the Olympic stadium for a music event & the place is huge do they shove everyone in different tiers or something?
Chelsea sounds like the atmosphere we're looking for.

Two tiers, with a huge gap between upper and lower (to the extent it’s like trying to get the North and Upper West singing together). It’s also a bloody long way from the pitch, obviously.

theboybilly

For better atmospheres then head to games outside of the top 6 who seem to have too many tourist fans and also see us as inconsequential.

For an extra hour or two of travel time from the south, Villa or Wolves which are good for atmosphere.

Wolves is a good shout. It's not as nice a ground as it looks on TV but if we manage to sell enough to open the Steve Bill Stand lower tier you should get a ticket. I was amazed we only sold enough for Wolves, to allocate that corner segment last time we were allowed. But while you're thinking of that don't disregard Newcastle. This is many people's favourite, away game. I've never had any hassle up there and the view is nowhere near as bad as some say. It's a fair old journey but you'll be virtually guaranteed a ticket and SJP is just a short walk from the station with lots to do in between

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks everyone. :)
Having looked at the price of train tickets to places oop North, I'm going to try and stay in the London travelcard zone! I'll start with Brentford and the next one is West Ham & work my way through the London list. I wouldn't borrow anyone's ST, I just assumed they could buy guest tickets?
If I get any tickets I'll post again asking which pubs are ok for away fans. Thanks again. :)

Might want to think about Norwich City. It's a nice place and nice ground and good folk.

Always one to look out for.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Two tiers, with a huge gap between upper and lower (to the extent it’s like trying to get the North and Upper West singing together). It’s also a bloody long way from the pitch, obviously.

That's out then as the main reason I want him to go to an away match is so he can experience everyone in unison.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's the atmosphere from us that I'm looking for. Watford and West Ham seem good. Not much of a chance of getting tickets for Arsenal. I'm not travelling to Leeds! :lolol:

Watford is great if they give us a whole end again (it is some years since I've been there). You can't beat an away game where we get a whole end.

The stad de clad is also great for Albion atmos (I took my son there when he was about 14, and there was a lot of people wearing black, running about on the streets aftewards, but we seemed invisible to them. Best to leave after the rush so you avoid being coralled by mounted old bill in exactly the wrong direction to where you wanted to go).

Not been to Stamford bridge for 45 years, but the walk along the Kings Road and Fulham Road from Sloane Square tube is majestic. With a simple train journey you can travel when most of the mob aren't, if you prefer quiet travel, like me.

Spuds is a nightmare - the walk from the tube is like a scene from Waiting for Godot. 'Are we there yet?' (No, no we're not).

Personally if it isn't London, I'd drive and book parking in advance - and not at the stadium. The longest 90 minutes of my life was getting out of the car park at Deepdale.

Bumley, surprisingly, is also great. Make a weekend of it. Rousing chorus of 'town full of racists' always clears the sinuses.

To be fair (and I always strive to be fair) I know relatively little about away supporting, however, having largely stopped all that, more than 10 years ago, and anything you read that contradicts my waffle should take precedence :thumbsup:

Shame Fulham are in the lower league, though. Fulham is my favourite away day. Done recently too. Train and tube. The walk through Bishop's Park is emotional - watch out for the body of Patrick Troughton.

The Omen.jpg

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'll look at split ticketing, and my time keeping ability and venture further out from the London Zone. :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's out then as the main reason I want him to go to an away match is so he can experience everyone in unison.

It’s pretty crap compared with a lot of (most) others, even if it is easy to get to (I normally drive, park at the O2 and get the Jubilee line across).

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Watford is great if they give us a whole end again (it is some years since I've been there). You can't beat an away game where we get a whole end.

The stad de clad is also great for Albion atmos (I took my son there when he was about 14, and there was a lot of people wearing black, running about on the streets aftewards, but we seemed invisible to them. Best to leave after the rush so you avoid being coralled by mounted old bill in exactly the wrong direction to where you wanted to go).

Not been to Stamford bridge for 45 years, but the walk along the Kings Road and Fulham Road from Sloane Square tube is majestic. With a simple train journey you can travel when most of the mob aren't, if you prefer quiet travel, like me.

Spuds is a nightmare - the walk from the tube is like a scene from Waiting for Godot. 'Are we there yet?' (No, no we're not).

Personally if it isn't London, I'd drive and book parking in advance - and not at the stadium. The longest 90 minutes of my life was getting out of the car park at Deepdale.

Bumley, surprisingly, is also great. Make a weekend of it. Rousing chorus of 'town full of racists' always clears the sinuses.

To be fair (and I always strive to be fair) I know relatively little about away supporting, however, having largely stopped all that, more than 10 years ago, and anything you read that contradicts my waffle should take precedence :thumbsup:

Shame Fulham are in the lower league, though. Fulham is my favourite away day. Done recently too. Train and tube. The walk through Bishop's Park is emotional - watch out for the body of Patrick Troughton.

View attachment 138597

I'm not familiar with Patrick Troughton! :) When I said atmosphere, I mean a nice atmosphere.... one where I feel safe walking to the train station. Which is why the stade de clad was instantly discounted on my match wishlist! :wink: I thought I was brave taking him the the home Palace match before lockdown! :blush:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would prefer to go to Watford than WHU unless I got a ticket in tier 1 or very low in tier 2.

Arsenal and Spurs were sterile (maybe Spurs were bored silly by our tactics in season 2 ). Preferred Chelsea as atmosphere was better.

Villa top tier was poor in the promotion year , no alcohol and very few working toilets. The lower tier was better.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Completely ignoring that you said you didn’t want to travel too far, I would strongly recommend Newcastle. Fantastic away fixture. Otherwise Watford I’ve always found very enjoyable.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Having looked at the price of train tickets to places oop North, I'm going to try and stay in the London travelcard zone! I'll start with Brentford and the next one is West Ham & work my way through the London list. I wouldn't borrow anyone's ST, I just assumed they could buy guest tickets?
If I get any tickets I'll post again asking which pubs are ok for away fans. Thanks again. :)

Demand far outstrips supply for most away games so there is no such thing as guest tickets. I think you are being a little naive/over optimistic about your chances of getting tickets at Brentford !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Pretty much zero chance of getting Brentford tickets due to the low capacity. Our allocation will only be 1725.

Are you even aware of the loyalty points scheme?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here