Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] At what point in the season did Leicester fans think allo we might win the whole thing?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Show me some people are getting way too far ahead of themselves without telling me some people are getting way too far ahead of themselves

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But we haven't played anyone who is any good yet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But we haven't played anyone who is any good yet.

Neither had they (excepting a draw with Tottenham). Their eighth game was ironically against Norwich, their seventh a 5-2 defeat against Arsenal.

They won the league with 81 points. Low by current trends. City only managed 66.

A strange season. But won't be repeated until the Chelsea, Liverpool, City and United group are all in flux.

The battle is really for sixth, as I would add Everton to the above group in a 'lite' way.

If we had a Vardy I would say we could upset the top five in a limited way. But a few other teams could say the same.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Lineker’s famous tweet about presenting in his underpants was in December, so obviously it wasn’t until the new year and even then from memory it was February / March before they seriously thought they were title contenders. The best we can hope for is 7th which would be insane, dreaming of being a top ten team is realistic. Already just by looking at goal difference, top four is nailed on City, Liverpool, Chelsea, United.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What's getting embrassing?

We're in a great position at the moment. Anything is possible. Can't blame our fans for being excited and fantasising a little.

It's not impossible that we could keep up this level of performance throughout an entire season.

OBVIOUSLY we're not going to win it... but finishing top 6 isn't impossible. It's unlikely, but not impossible.

Personally I think we'll finish top 10 this year. I genuinely do.

Burnley finished 7th in 2018. So it's more than possible.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The more apt question. At what point in the season do we think we might be safe from relegation? Based on our start, sooner than normal.

Southampton probably thought they were safe by December last year... in the end they were not so safe (though they made it), being the second worst team in the second half of the PL. So its always quite difficult to say until its actually done. But somewhere around 30 points by christmas and you imagine it would take a lot to get relegated.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Lineker’s famous tweet about presenting in his underpants was in December, so obviously it wasn’t until the new year and even then from memory it was February / March before they seriously thought they were title contenders.

Feb/Mar is the way I remember it, so a bit later than 3rd October then :wink:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe I am odd, but I have hopes of winning every competition we play in, it isn't a case of at what point do I think we can, it's a case of at which point do I realise we can't, and I am happy to report I am still currently hoping for a league and cup treble in 2022.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here