Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] At Home with the Fureys

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Anyone watching this? I started this morning. I'm not a boxing fan at all, haven't followed his career etc, and about all I know about him is from what I hear White & Jordan talking about him on TalkShite. But thought I'd give it a try as I found his interview with Gary Neville on The Overlap.

I'm 4 episodes in and in parts it's an uncomfortable watch. He's got some really visible mental health issues which I wasn't aware of. His wife seems a great person, and I loved the fact he took his kids to school in a £500 Passat estate. Also just found it amusing his kids got him socks that look like their from Tesco for his birthday.

What are peoples thoughts?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
The Mrs wanted to watch it so have had a gander. I’ve found the gypsy culture really interesting. Very old fashioned in the sense Paris has to do absolutely everything, he almost takes the piss out of her abit. But that’s the culture I guess. I love how the kids would much sooner be outside playing than on iPads / phones etc.

I do worry about his mental health too though. Hopefully he gets into coaching to give him that purpose back.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's certainly not the Kardashians

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
He’s clearly got some issues but haven’t a lot of boxers . Probably being hit in the head so often doesn’t help .

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
We watched the final couple of episodes last night (after MoTD) and enjoyed it in the main.

Tyson - there's a lot going on his head 24/7, and all the wealth in the world - plus a loving and supportive family - is clearly not enough to keep the black clouds from appearing in his mind. He simply cannot live/function without boxing.

Paris - a very impressive human.

John - not what I was expecting, particularly when he shared his own struggles with mental health. A thoughtful man.

Tommy and Mollie-Mae - added very little, and I found myself drifting off whenever they were on screen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here