Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argy Mac v Bissouma

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Both great players…. Does the panel think though that Mac is a much more complete player although winning those tackles is where Biss was stronger. Alexis has come on so much in this past year and looks happy in his role now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mac has bided his time and been patient.
Biss is history (in a nice way).
Mac deserves his chance, a completely different type of midfielder as Biss, but in a more robust way.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mac has bided his time and been patient.
Biss is history (in a nice way).
Mac deserves his chance, a completely different type of midfielder as Biss, but in a more robust way.

It’s comparing apples with pears I agree.

In terms of team Biss, he didn’t need Caicedo covering his ass all the time. But Mac could hit double figure goals this season the way he is going, that would be stunning.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It’s comparing apples with pears I agree.

In terms of team Biss, he didn’t need Caicedo covering his ass all the time. But Mac could hit double figure goals this season the way he is going, that would be stunning.[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with that :thumbsup:

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Mac and Caecido looks much stronger than Bissouma and Lallana. Didn’t think I’d say that a year ago

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am putting on the hard hat but zaha has done it at palace. Sometimes a player just works at a club.

In terms of our long term position it might be very useful for us if bissouma has a year with very few games. It might make others think about running down their contract to get a big move. Maybe they will stay with us where they play every week and are loved rather than to and make up the numbers. Obviously many will back themselves but for every Ben White there could be a bissouma. Maybe he will force his way in but his type of player is not the sort who comes on in the 75th min and dazzles the manager. He impresses over the 90 mins rather than a super sub.

In terms of value to us Alexis is now far more important because he does goals!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Mac can shoot better for a start.

I love Mac Allister as a player but I also loved Bissouma and the criticism he got for his shooting/not scoring used to really get on my nerves.

They are totally different players but on this shooting/goals thing, for balance I will point out that Mac Allister hasn’t scored a goal from open play since 2nd January so he is by no means a free scoring midfielder. Bissouma has in fact scored 2 goals from open play since Mac Allister’s last from open play.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
MacA is the complete midfielder, gifted with and without the ball, he scores, run games and turns up every week.

A superior player to Bissouma imho.

Caicedo or Mwepu would make a more apt comparison to Biss.

Well you have just answered the question for me. To my mind Biss just didn't turn up in every game, there were times last season, particularly at home where we had a poor record, when we were crying out for more input from him, to help turn draws into wins. To my mind his performances certainly tailed off towards the end of last season.

Ally Mac is a different sort of midfielder entirely, almost an attacker in a way, and certainly carries far more of a goal threat. Given time l can see him develop into an even better player than Bissouma.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Biss is very good at what he does (winning tackles, holding possession, bringing the ball out of defence, screening the defenders etc) but Ali Mac is the more complete player IMO. He is shining more without Bissouma in the team for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here