Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argentina World Cup Squad

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
FIFA need to manage this carefully to ensure consistency across all countries because if Argentina get away with it, then all the others will want to.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Yeah i would hope we and other clubs would say no. Argentina trying to make something which is their problem ours instead.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well. It's quite an obvious extension of having a world cup scheduled in the middle of the season.

If it's only one match, I imagine the club will look at the bigger picture and allow Alexis the choice about whether he wants to leave or not.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
FIFA need to manage this carefully to ensure consistency across all countries because if Argentina get away with it, then all the others will want to.

Yeah i highly doubt this will be allowed. Having an extra week to train with players is definitely an advantage in tournaments like this, and FIFA need to keep things fair.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yeah i highly doubt this will be allowed. Having an extra week to train with players is definitely an advantage in tournaments like this, and FIFA need to keep things fair.

I was assuming that the tone of the OP was not about the fairness of the World Cup but the fact we would be without Mac for one game. Personally I think it was dumb to schedule games on the week before the opening fixture in the first place (not withstanding the whole world cup this time is a farce).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Some players won't be fully committed in those last few weeks anyway...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
FIFA need to tell them where to go. No justification for one rule for them and one for everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here