Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you into the Paranormal?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Into ghosties and ghoulies? Faeries and spirit children? Things that go bump in the night? Or are you rational and into logical reasoning, not to be taken in by such hallucinations and meaningless apparitions?

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Don't believe any of it, but enjoy reading / hearing people's stories and experiences.

For example, an ex partner once told me about a time as a child when she was rather ill and bed bound on various medication.

She dreamed / hallucinated / actually saw this old lady at her bed side watching over her. A few days later she was sat with her mother looking through old photo albums...(you can see here this is going). She pointed at this old lady and said "who is that, she was in my room looking after me?" Of course, the old lady was the long deceased never before met or seen grandmother. Apparently.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I saw a lot weird stuff in the late 1980's, early 90's but i've lost the ability since I got a proper job, married, kids etc

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I think the fact that ghost sightings haven't risen that much despite the fact that EVERYONE now carries a digital camera and HD video camera on them at all times speaks volumes.

Also why don't we see them in mundane places like the supermarket / school run? They always appear in creepy houses or cemeteries, at night, and are often Victorian!! Something ain't right!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Very interesting to me. I have had personal experiences more than once but I still would never say I 'believe' because there I almost always a logical/natural explanation for the phenomena.

The one thing I will say - is if you ask around almost everyone has had an experience or knows someone close to them who has done. Coincidence? Probably. Interesting nonetheless.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My uncle was called Norman, and he was a para. There's some weird sh*t going on, for sure.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
My uncle was called Norman, and he was a para. There's some weird sh*t going on, for sure.

Was this him?

tumblr_m7q83y2PI81qfuz0bo2_1280.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The one thing I will say - is if you ask around almost everyone has had an experience or knows someone close to them who has done. Coincidence? Probably. Interesting nonetheless.

I must live in logical circles absolutely no one I know has had such experiences. It only exists in books and in films/TV.

I would put ghosts and ghoulies in the same box as God, those who want to believe will believe despite the lack of evidence of existance

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I must live in logical circles absolutely no one I know has had such experiences. It only exists in books and in films/TV.

I would put ghosts and ghoulies in the same box as God, those who want to believe will believe despite the lack of evidence of existance

There is certainly no conclusive evidence. But there is evidence out there in abundance. Eyewitnesses, photographs, footage, audio. Even evidence that isn't 100% fallible is still evidence.

I am by no means a believer - I would describe myself as an agnostic sceptic, but I like to keep an open mind.

As much as I don’t believe, this particular incident still gives me the shivers:

My father died suddenly in 2001 aged 64, I was on my way home from the Hospital and thought I’d better go and see my Grandfather (Dads dad) who was in a care home at the time to tell him.

I’d been there for about 30 minutes when he suddenly said “You’d best go now” I was a bit surprised by this and asked him if he was OK.

“I’ll be fine” he said “Your dads here”

He passed away a few hours later.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
All of it is utter nonsense, these psychic types just want to make money from gullible people

Absolutely this. I'm not sure if these so-called mediums etc. are self-deluded or actively conning, either way it's all absolute bollox, and anyone who believes it is either lying or feeble minded.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Utter pony. What I am interested in though is the psychological element to it, it shows the power of the human imagination and conscience to be able to hallucinate or imagine things so vividly that they seem real.

Have you ever noticed how many of these illusions are there when the person is in bed so therefore half in and out of sleep? Or when they are recently bereaved and therefore under huge emotional and psychological stress.

As mentioned earlier, if there really was such as thing as ghosts then we would be catching them on our smartphones several times a day.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
As much as I don’t believe, this particular incident still gives me the shivers:

My father died suddenly in 2001 aged 64, I was on my way home from the Hospital and thought I’d better go and see my Grandfather (Dads dad) who was in a care home at the time to tell him.

I’d been there for about 30 minutes when he suddenly said “You’d best go now” I was a bit surprised by this and asked him if he was OK.

“I’ll be fine” he said “Your dads here”

He passed away a few hours later.

Very similar here (although not me)

My gran used to live (two separate bungalows on one piece of land) with my great gran and kind of looked over her.

One night my grans friend was over and they walked over to check in, Great Gran had passed away so Gran went back to call the nurse and left her friend at the other bungalow.

Upon returning she apologised for leaving her there along to which her friend responded 'It's OK, he was here'. She then described a man that appeared at the doorway and made her feel cal, described my Great Grandfather in great detail even down to the clothes he was buried in. She had never met him.

Doesn't mean I believe but sends a bit of a shiver whenever I think of it!

(first time I have ever typed that story - only now do I appreciate the amount of times I mention Gran/Great Gran/Grans friend)

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I don't believe in any of it, but I think they make for good stories. If you do believe, I don't think it's the sort of thing that will do you any harm.

Psychics can eff off though. I'm sure some have their heart in the right place, but the exploitative nature of some of these people is sickening.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't think it's a case of believing, sometimes things just happen that defy explanation.
Happened to me and others I know a few times.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here