Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are we obsessed with death? Time to have some positivity back on the board?

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I concur with your point. There's one thing certain in all our lives and that is death, when and how is down to fate,karma or whatever. But I agree all these Covid figures released every day why? Just lies carry on as normal. Who can remember the days back when they used to publish the fatalities from road accidents over a Bank Holiday as if we were really interested. I blame the statisticians.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can this board just not be football only?

I mean if you want to enquire about Coffins and Funeral plans I don’t know why this would be your first port of call anyway... but if it is, ok fine but it doesn’t really seem suitable alongside an xG thread, you know?

I get what you mean but if we did that, we'd end up one of those boards that only has about three threads with more than 6 posts on them. Variety is what makes NSC.
I support the Albion and enjoy going to matches when I can, listen to games at work or watch when possible and I keep up to date on here mostly, but I actually find talking about football a bit dull/rather boring for some reason. Call that a fair weather fan if you like but I put the hours in at Withdean and I consider myself a supporter. Some don't. I'm not interested in what other people think of me or the judgments made. However, I like chatting to people with the Albion in common and other common interests and with the odd exception NSC is populated by very good people.

Best thing NSC did was create the bear pit.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was amused and then slightly disturbed to see out of the top 10 threads today, half of them concern death, funeral plans, coffins, or RIP's threads.

Is it time for some positivity and LIFE?

The spring and then summer are coming, vaccinations are accelerating and Brighton are in the Premier League. What a time to be alive!

p.s.) Football is coming home!!

Don't you be coming on here with your positivity :rant:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

A good football forum ruined by the football :)
When I go to matches and we have lost, I often say, it’s been a good days drinking ruined by the football.

I don’t really want to read about funerals when I’m eating my cornflakes at 7.30am though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thank you!

I’ve genuinely been thinking of a polite way to say this for a number of weeks. This is a football group. Ok, have your RIP threads but can we at least move them to a separate sub-forum?

It’s very depressing here sometimes, RIPs throughout the big board, and now people are posting who’s got what disease. I have sympathy for anyone concerned, but I don’t really think this is an appropriate forum for such matters.

I mean if you want to enquire about Coffins and Funeral plans I don’t know why this would be your first port of call anyway... but if it is, ok fine but it doesn’t really seem suitable alongside an xG thread, you know?

One of our women footballers has got stage 3 lymphoma. Sorry if that bores you. Football and disease sometimes clash. There was plenty of concern when Connor Goldson had heart problems.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...28/stott-confirms-hodgkins-lymphoma-diagnosis

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Hopefully not. If NSC were ever to become 'football only' there's very many of us who would rarely give it the time of day, instead of making it a part of our normal day. Always some new and random to see on here. Sometimes NSC can even be a force for good, as well as evil :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of our women footballers has got stage 3 lymphoma. Sorry if that bores you. Football and disease sometimes clash. There was plenty of concern when Connor Goldson had heart problems.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...28/stott-confirms-hodgkins-lymphoma-diagnosis

The beauty of NSC is that it does cover so many aspects of life (and now death). A place to share music and movie interests, to get help and advice, share feelings. As well as some some good old political binfests.

Ahead of its time, I see that mental health threads now exist in some other clubs fora.

Not sure if [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] intended all this or it simply evolved, but I love the balance of subjects discussed.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I was amused and then slightly disturbed to see out of the top 10 threads today, half of them concern death, funeral plans, coffins, or RIP's threads.

Is it time for some positivity and LIFE?

The spring and then summer are coming, vaccinations are accelerating and Brighton are in the Premier League. What a time to be alive!

p.s.) Football is coming home!!

Giraffe my bad old love, sincere apologies, I thought the coffin post might get some people naming their favourite 8?

How wrong I was...…...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I’d say it’s natural for a certain amount of introspection in these strange times, and there’s nothing wrong with any of the posts you’ve mentioned, but you’re right that taken together they could turn a person toward the Leonard Cohen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hallelujah!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
cake.jpg

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Anyway,
RIP to Ken Dodd, Louis Armstrong, Wordsworth, Leonard Cohen, Vaughan Williams, Ronald Binge and anybody else mentioned in this thread who is no longer with us.
bunny wailer , u roy , eric dungworth , two toed mickey from barnsley.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hopefully not. If NSC were ever to become 'football only' there's very many of us who would rarely give it the time of day, instead of making it a part of our normal day. Always some new and random to see on here. Sometimes NSC can even be a force for good, as well as evil :moo:

Not the whole of NSC, just the big board. Have a whole category for non football stuff, for yer coffins, Mandela conspiracies and the like.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wouldn't worry too much about the prevalence of death.

giphy.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here