Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we in a false position?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm thinking we are in a false position as we will finish a lot lower than 8th. I don't think we are as good as many think we are yet and all this talk of being unlucky is rubbish. It's not bad luck to have 2 players sent off in 2 different games and lose them. It's not bad luck that Burnley walked through our midfield and scored last minute. If anything the biggest piece of luck involving us in games this season was for us v Everton.

I'm not moaning though. The footballs been great and we are going in the right direction compared to the second half of last season.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
So what happened to the saying that the league table doesn’t lie?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have we won 8 games then Harry ?

You are making that old mistake again, the one where of undermining my careless opinion with unassailable facts. Stop it. :lolol:

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
I'm thinking we are in a false position as we will finish a lot lower than 8th. I don't think we are as good as many think we are yet and all this talk of being unlucky is rubbish. It's not bad luck to have 2 players sent off in 2 different games and lose them. It's not bad luck that Burnley walked through our midfield and scored last minute. If anything the biggest piece of luck involving us in games this season was for us v Everton.

I'm not moaning though. The footballs been great and we are going in the right direction compared to the second half of last season.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Yawn

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've got 15 points, and are in a position that most teams with 15 points might expect to be, give or take a place or two. So, not a false position..

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's about right

I think we're luck neutral and fixtures played neutral

Yes we've played the lower teams, but Spurs, Everton and West Ham won't remain the lower teams. Palace, Bournemouth and Sheff Utd won't remain the higher teams. Our matches so far have been representative.

The two sendings off, as quite rightly said earlier are nothing to do with luck. Intelligence and discipline are part of football. The Burnley equaliser was nothing to do with luck. We didn't take our chances then left a gaping hole in the midfield in stoppage time. Our fault. I actually though that the Connolly pen was fair enough. Keane treading on Aaron stopped him competing for the ball. It was unintentional, but plenty of pens are given away when the defender isn't trying to foul someone. Again, not being clumsy is part of football.

8th seems about fair to me

Nov 5, 2019
Had Andone and Mooy not been sent off.If Trossard had not been injured.Had we not been careless against Burnely.Yes for sure we should be higher.
In a 'normal' year however Man U and Spurs would be above us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here