Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arbroath

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
To cross reference threads, this appears to be similar to Pujara playing for Sussex.

Think of the most up it's arse place in Sussex - probably where Piers Morgan resides (Newick? It's been 30 years since I lived in Sussex) - them paying Pujara to play as and when which in all likelihood will be 2 or 3 times over the season as a vanity Project to encourage even more wankers with money to a club that is full of them already. Pujara would then play in a team full of paid cricketeters who are not quite good enough for county but more than good enough to win a village game cheered on by owners of hedge funds, double glazing salesmen and Brummie twats made good all whilst having a passive aggressive argument about whose got the best motor. Pujara, just uses Newick as an additional earner on top of his Sussex coin albeit avoiding the robbed motor and duck.

Meanwhile I have spent this evening trying to convince one of the kids in the u8s not to dig a hole in the nets but luzz the ball in the general direction of his mate whilst freezing my tits off. Our overseas pro was playing wicket keeper.

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
An update from Arbroath's official Twitter account after losing their crucial top of the table clash with Kilmarnock.

[tweet]1517602403255820296[/tweet]

(tweet soon deleted)

F*ck!

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Likewise, it felt cold in the car when I was there. Although a trip to Invergordon distillery warmed me up

That must have been some day trip - a three and a half hours drive between the two places, and even that's assuming you can average almost 50 mph (and not on a motorway)!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I loved my visit to Arbroath.
Saw a goal scored direct from a corner due to the gale force wind. Its on Instagram. No I have no idea to post a link.
My favourite Scottish ground by far

el punal

It wouldn't take too much coastal erosion to lose half of their pitch and the stand with it.

Being a fan of nearby Montrose Nil FC, or at least looking out for their results, you will forgive me for not getting excited if they miss out on promotion.

A bit like the Albion and Palarse really, but on a far smaller scale of course.

“On a far smaller scale . . .”

Enough with the fish puns, already! Next you’ll be saying that Jesus Gil is the club president. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here