Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple store policy. Buying a new IPhone

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, he walked in with his badly smashed up iphone and asked to purchase a replacement and was told he could not purchase a new one without an appointment.

Well, taking you literally ie he only wanted to buy a new additional phone, the store have clearly been confused by the presence of his smashed up phone and thought he wanted this fixed (replaced) and booked him in for the fix/replacement. No big deal.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Policy must have changed as went with Mini a few months ago and purchased a laptop there and then.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Out of interest, if he simply wanted a brand spanking new phone in addition to his old phone, why was he waving his smashed phone around?

And was your friend wanting his smashed phone fixed, or did he want a brand new and additional phone?

Because he needs his phone for work, he went straight from the site to the Apple store before going home so had the phone with him.

Someone above mention swapping info from old to new phone, so maybe this is what the appointment
Was needed for ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because he needs his phone for work, he went straight from the site to the Apple store before going home so had the phone with him.

Someone above mention swapping info from old to new phone, so maybe this is what the appointment
Was needed for ?

The bottom line is that if you want to buy something new then you just turn up and buy it. If you have an existing item which you want dealt with you generally have to make a booking. Seems like either your mate or the Apple chap got confused. Go in again and he will be able to buy his new item.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The bottom line is that if you want to buy something new then you just turn up and buy it. If you have an existing item which you want dealt with you generally have to make a booking. Seems like either your mate or the Apple chap got confused. Go in again and he will be able to buy his new item.

Cheers for that, he has made an appointment online for Saturday as if he needs to make one he will make good use of it and get then to get his contacts off the old phone.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Seriously, they aren't enough threads with people argueing at the moment?

So you've experienced the customer services of every phone manufacturer that uses the Android system!?

Really. On what do you base that jem?

Excellent value, yes. But better build quality and customer service for android phones? Do me a favour :lolol:

Why do these threads end up as a childish slanging match of a brand that someone dislikes. People should really learn to grow up.

To the OP, I think there has been a mistake as another person has said. They time that you usually have to make an appointment if there is a fault with your Apple product or you want to go on one of their in-shop tutorials.

The alternative you have(if you don't want to go online) is to go into either the Vodaphone, EE, O2 or 3 Mobile shops and get a new Iphone from there. They will want your business and you may even be able to get a decent priced contract or some good extras.

It takes two to argue, and since this is a discussion forum, I'm only giving my opinion. I'd choose Samsung over Apple any day. I had an iPod which worked brilliantly for many years, but I've heard a lot of bad rep from people I know who are choosing Android phones over Apple's products now. Apple also are known to steal patents from competitors, preventing further technological developments from progressing. Each to their own I guess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheers for that, he has made an appointment online for Saturday as if he needs to make one he will make good use of it and get then to get his contacts off the old phone.

No prob. I suspect when all is concluded he will be yet another happy customer who bores his friends with tales of Apple greatness :wink:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Why bother going to an Apple Shop to buy it why not just go to Carphone Warehoose or somewhere similar ???

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
I got in an argument with another boy at a party and he threw my phone on the ground its completely smashed, will they replace it if i book an appointment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here