Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anything as bizarre stopped you playing a football game?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The Nottingham-born 25-year-old is ruled out of Pools' game against Scunthorpe United on Saturday because of an unlikely issue.

"Mark's had a cotton bud in his ear that has gone in too far," boss Graeme Lee told BBC Radio Tees.

"He's gone to the hospital, sounds like the tweezers have gone in too far and he's dizzy and can't stand up."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61272506

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Pfffff. Lightweight ponce!

Working in International stores ( key markets? now Co-op I think ) in Steyning . . . Around 1985/6 there was a shelf stacking incident, a blade went through a box, cut a bag of kidney beans .. a few got thrown, PLOP. . . . . In someones ear . .. as he tried to get it out, he pushed it in . . . . Fearing the sack for arsing about we managed to hold him down, dig/cut/stab and pick it out . . . .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Playing ex-pat football in Taiwan our team had an annual gala and awards (which we amusingly called a Galaah) which started with a tournament. Typically kicking off around 10am (when it was already at least 25 degrees C) it was compulsory to have a double shot of strong Polish vodka before entering the pitch, while later on players could be disqualified from starting if they were deemed too sober.

The Spring tournament in Tainan organised by a different club also got abandoned just before we were due to play our last game because the Nigerian Super Eagles were indulging in a brawl with another side that involved every single player, coach and sub from both sides, the ref had run away and the Tainan police were refusing to attend.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Playing ex-pat football in Taiwan our team had an annual gala and awards (which we amusingly called a Galaah) which started with a tournament. Typically kicking off around 10am (when it was already at least 25 degrees C) it was compulsory to have a double shot of strong Polish vodka before entering the pitch, while later on players could be disqualified from starting if they were deemed too sober.

The Spring tournament in Tainan organised by a different club also got abandoned just before we were due to play our last game because the Nigerian Super Eagles were indulging in a brawl with another side that involved every single player, coach and sub from both sides, the ref had run away and the Tainan police were refusing to attend.

Is this a sort of rehash of showing off where I've been for my holidays type post :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I believe it was Joe Mattock, on loan to us from Massive, that was unable to play due to a Male Personal Grooming mishap. I think he missed 2 games, because his nads had become swollen after applying depilatory cream.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I played in Calgary, Canada, in leagues which were about the equivalent of Sussex Sunday except they also had games in the evenings during the week. Many of the teams were of expats from various different countries.

I was playing for a team which had several local policemen on its roster. After one match I was told that our next game, against a team of latin american expats, was probably going to be cancelled. When I asked why it might be cancelled the answer was that seven of the team had just been arrested on drugs charges......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I believe it was Joe Mattock, on loan to us from Massive, that was unable to play due to a Male Personal Grooming mishap. I think he missed 2 games, because his nads had become swollen after applying depilatory cream.

It was. He came on loan from WBA in Jan 2012 to the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here