Anyone see BBC and Penguins programme today ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
BBC always make the best documentaries. Disney make good ones nowadays too, although their whole lemmings fiasco many moons back is unforgivable. (forcing lemmings off cliffs to 'claim' that they mass suicide)

I watched a Discovery Channel one the other day at it was poor. It showed the cutest baby money ever and kept cutting back to a wolf. Then it kept on saying the wolf stalks his prey, cuts back to monkey. Huge build up and then bam "thankfully this monkey is miles away and he will kill the rat instead" its just odd to throw drama in like that, switched off soon after.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Penguins always provide wonderful entertainment close up there with Vicente
So many funny moments and such with wildlife many sad moments

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Penguins always provide wonderful entertainment close up there with Vicente
So many funny moments and such with wildlife many sad moments

TBH,this was seriously wonderful camara work with good sound script. Nature at the sharp end.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The scene with the frozen and dead chick and the mother trying to save it was absolutely f***ing heartbreaking.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
The scene with the frozen and dead chick and the mother trying to save it was absolutely f***ing heartbreaking.

I can be a right old softee at times. Felt choked up over the frozen penguin and when the predators were flying off with the live chicks.

Liked the gutsy mum who stood up to the sea lions!!!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I walked in from an epic day at work to see a mum penguin looking at a dead chick. Couldn't be watching that so turned it over to watch strictly ice dancing.

Why do they insist in showing stuff like that, there is no need to show that side of nature. Nobody can have enjoyed watching that bit.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Peng 1.jpg

I have just come back from Antarctica and Penguins are the most amazing creatures. We saw hundreds of them, this is a picture of one of teh many Chinstrap coloneys we saw!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
At first I thought the programme was a wind up, if it had been shown on April 1st I would have know in. The 'penguin cam' is improbable, rock cam even sillier... But how brilliant is it!! Some really impressive mechanics to get the things to navigate rocks and to be able to right themselves etc....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At first I thought the programme was a wind up, if it had been shown on April 1st I would have know in. The 'penguin cam' is improbable, rock cam even sillier... But how brilliant is it!! Some really impressive mechanics to get the things to navigate rocks and to be able to right themselves etc....

i like the way the rock hoppers climb the cliff face...even if they fall off they seem to bounce back up with no ill effects

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The rock hoppers are immense.

The King Penguins are incredible creatures though. The cleverness of keeping the whole group alive is almost unbelievable. And the way the parents take it in turns to look after the eggs and then the chicks is amazing. I will be glued to it again tonight.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The BBC has plenty of 'hater's' but again part three was even more eye opening to how they and nature work. Superb job.

Usually hate wildlife programmes but I love penguins and really enjoyed this. Loved seeing the ones at Phillip Island in Australia last year, particularly their ability to return each day and find their family amongst hundreds of others.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
We loved it! My 5yr old son loved all the different cams. Although he cried when the Empire chick got lyost in the coloney. Luckily it's mum found him phew!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports