Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone know the Club's view on changing an OAP season ticket due to the risk?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’ve always found that if you contact the club through the right channels and explain the situation they will do their best to help if they can, whilst being fair to everyone.

Coming on here, lighting the touch paper and inviting others to slag off our club isn’t likely to get such an outcome.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
There has been a shift in attitudes since we have been in the Premier League or were seriously in the mix for promotion to it. My youngest fell into the 18-21 group and went to Uni away from Brighton so for the first season the club were oh so nice and agreed to upgrade it to adult even congratulating him etc. Second season I rang up to to upgrade to adult, they initially said no but eventually agreed but refused to upgrade to adult the 3rd season even to the point of threatening to withdraw it if not attending but we found ways round that and kept it.

However at that time demand far outstripped supply which has clearly now changed so I would expect some sensible flexibility from the club.

This is effectively the situation with my dad. Season ticket holder since 1993 (might have missed Year 1 at Gillingham), but due to circumstances has moved back to Ireland - but chose to keep his ST to continue supporting the club, use when he can, and because he will be moving back here. When they automatically upgraded his ST to a OAP on him turning 65 (which is actually a nice touch to do automatically), he asked if he could continue paying full adult. They agreed for the first year, but said no for the second year.

He then got a letter in March informing him that he had not attended enough games this season, and that his season ticket was being cancelled with immediate effect, and that he was not being offered the opportunity to renew it.

Ironic that it could now be an empty seat when football returns to the Amex, with or without crowds.

Edit - just to say that both myself and the old man can see both sides of this issue, so haven't complained, although it does smart a little.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This is effectively the situation with my dad. Season ticket holder since 1993 (might have missed Year 1 at Gillingham), but due to circumstances has moved back to Ireland - but chose to keep his ST to continue supporting the club, use when he can, and because he will be moving back here. When they automatically upgraded his ST to a OAP on him turning 65 (which is actually a nice touch to do automatically), he asked if he could continue paying full adult. They agreed for the first year, but said no for the second year.

He then got a letter in March informing him that he had not attended enough games this season, and that his season ticket was being cancelled with immediate effect, and that he was not being offered the opportunity to renew it.

Ironic that it could now be an empty seat when football returns to the Amex, with or without crowds.

Edit - just to say that both myself and the old man can see both sides of this issue, so haven't complained, although it does smart a little.

Sounds like the club shot themselves in the foot given the disappearance of the waiting list. I have always In the past been very supportive of our club but stories like these and everything else going on at the moment are giving me a lot of doubt.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sounds like the club shot themselves in the foot given the disappearance of the waiting list. I have always In the past been very supportive of our club but stories like these and everything else going on at the moment are giving me a lot of doubt.

Not sure what you mean by this, esp the final sentence. A handful of moans, some that say they understand both sides, and you’re having a lot of doubt. What else is going on? Get a grip.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not sure what you mean by this, esp the final sentence. A handful of moans, some that say they understand both sides, and you’re having a lot of doubt. What else is going on? Get a grip.

My last sentence refers to the rush back to football too soon and the possibility of mass bankruptcy across football caused by over inflated wages and a withdrawal of the tv money that owners relied on to sanction these ridiculous contracts. It is being widely discussed so it is not unreasonable for me to add it to my doubts about football at the moment. Of course that is much bigger than the subject of this thread.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My last sentence refers to the rush back to football too soon and the possibility of mass bankruptcy across football caused by over inflated wages and a withdrawal of the tv money that owners relied on to sanction these ridiculous contracts. It is being widely discussed so it is not unreasonable for me to add it to my doubts about football at the moment. Of course that is much bigger than the subject of this thread.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Albion. I agree about the over inflated and obscene wages that PL (and other) players command (demand) and hope the current situation acts as a reality check. I fear not with mega rich owners still using their PL. club as a way of showing off their wealth (I don’t include TB in this group)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here