Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Anyone else still eating these bad boys?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Lashings of Worcestershire sauce added... yum yum

1000002050.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's a scratching thread from a while back which included a porky photo from one of our Spanish brethren, that was absolute filth.
It's stayed with me since and is very much a happy place photo.
Were Clare Grogan to have been leaping out of the bowl I doubt I'd have seen the outside world ever again.

Anyhoo Frank Skinner can't get enough of these:-

1703243432447.png

has anyone else heard of them before?

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh yes. They do some good ones in The Foghorn.

Before lockdown I'd regularly work in Birmingham, often a couple of days a week at a time. Every now and again there was a fella selling big bags of really good pork scratchings near New St, just down the hill from the Head of Steam. They were the best ones I've ever had and only lasted the train journey home because I'd imagine very loud, salty crunching and the smell of them would probably annoy other passengers. They didn't last 5 minutes when I got in though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Since we're talking slightly obscure snack/crisps, these are hard to find but brilliant;

1703243832847.png

Obviously don't actually taste much like a Cheese and Ham Toasted Sandwich, but that's besides the point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Love them….especially the scratchings which have the salty chewy stuff on them…..usually one or two of these in a bag.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Jul 7, 2003
The Awfully Posh ones were recommended on a diet I followed as a healthy snack as they were high protein, no sugar, etc.

Diet worked well…the fact that I am now on statins for high cholesterol is, I’m sure, purely coincidental

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to say, always found pork scratchings vile. Even in ye olden days when the only alternative was a sweaty cheese 'n' onion roll served from under a perspex dome behind the bar

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have to say, always found pork scratchings vile. Even in ye olden days when the only alternative was a sweaty cheese 'n' onion roll served from under a perspex dome behind the bar
The hairy ones are best.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There's a scratching thread from a while back which included a porky photo from one of our Spanish brethren, that was absolute filth.
Were Clare Grogan to have been leaping out of the bowl I doubt I'd have seen the outside world ever again.

Anyhoo Frank Skinner can't get enough of these:-

View attachment 171595

has anyone else heard of them before?

They’re basically very spicy chili Doritos that have curled up while cooking. My kids are mad for them, few corner shops round here sell them for silly money, but I think they’re rank. Also pretty sure they’re not pork at all.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Here's the post and here's the pic:

120027-a251c4e019aeefce35e01a41b5bea1e0.jpg

Unfortunately, where I live now, Almería, is an absolute chicharrones desert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here