Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone else ill all winter, every winter

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
This year a high percentage of people I know (including me) had that '100 day cough' and I also had really nasty chest/throat infection.

I did multiple COVID tests and they were all negative but I felt fu*king awful, it really knocked me for 6 and felt knackered for weeks after.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeh I had the flu jab (and my company paid for it). It's nothing as bad as flu but constant niggly colds. Supposed to be running 24 miles on Saturday and it's going to be touch and go.

People have also mentioned SAD which can go hand in hand with all the lurgies to make for a really miserable time. I've managed to get over this largely as a result of moving to working from home (thank you COVID) so I now walk the kids to school every morning and go for little runs / walks at lunch time. Exercise and getting outside are vital I think.
Relay ? More virus spread

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I very rarely get ill (touch wood) but I work outdoors in the fresh air all year which may help me.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Nope..not one cold or cough so far this Winter or the last few…….i guess being outside the majority of the time helps (just susceptible to skin cancers instead)…caught nothing off the grandkids 🤔
Just posted the same. I work outside gardening all year and cannot remember the last time I was ill.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assumed James was just about to call you a f***ing **** and walk off.
T'is the standard response.
As @Wozza will testify empathy isn't really my superpower!!

That said James was in all week, suggesting my diagnosis was nearer the mark than his.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Farmers used to swear by a bit of goose fat as it was supposed to be good for a cold. Does anyone on here participate in stuff down on the farm?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I used to be an IT contractor. If I didn't go in, I didn't get paid. Amazing cure for most ailments. My left leg fell off one night. Still managed to hobble in and invoice next morning :thumbsup:
Must be on a very low contract to have to do that. Hope they paid up. Some people can be right ****s.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I wear a vest and my grandson told me people who wear vests are wife beaters and I shouldn't wear it. Kids of today!
I used to work in Trinidad with some Canadians and we all wore vests to counter the vicious air conditioning in our office. It was them who introduced me to the term 'wifebeaters' to describe the aforementioned undergarments. It's stuck in our family now, along with another winter cold-beater, the giblet (aka gilet). Malapropism courtesy of The Archer's Bert Fry.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Having read this thread, I've just placed an order for a max strength Vitamin D spray.

I love being out in the sun but combination of busy desk based job, family commitments/general day to day drudgery and our unpredictable weather means I probably don't get enough of it.

And I used to have a mediterranean sunshine holiday every year, but haven't been abroad since 2019 and am feeling it.

Feels like I may have unrealistically high hopes for a small daily dose spray – but hopefully it might help stop me getting colds every few weeks.
Having read this thread, I bought some cheapo vitamin D tablets from.... Aldi? Can't remember... and have had a couple each morning for the last few days.
Now, I know we wiped the floor with palace on Saturday, and it may be coincidence, or not, but I really do feel better about life at the moment.

Just saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here