Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any players worth a look from the relegated teams ?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Jack O’Connell. Look at how good Sheff Utd’s defence was with him and how bad without him. Cheap replacement for 45M Ben White, and reinvest the money in a striker...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
John Lundstram
Josh Maja (Bordeaux)
Pereira

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The main jigsaw piece we need is a striker and I don’t honk any of the teams below have what we are looking for in that department.

tenor (1) (1).gif

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
For me there are good players at all clubs in the league
Blades - all of these are under 25
Berge - too expensive
Ramsdale - too expensive to sit on bench
McBurnie / Brewster / Ampadu / - still think there is huge potential

Baggies
Perrera - goal scoring midfielder
Maitland-Niles - versatile - not there’s but I can’t see way forward at Arsenal
Diangana- mark noble was supposedly furious when West Ham sold him so must have some potential
Johnstone as second keeper

Fulham
Robinson -left back
All their other good players do t belong to them
(I used to think mitrovic may have been the answer but he’s had 3 premier league seasons and hasn’t performed - great at Championship level)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No. None.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sheffield:
Not really that horny on anything they got but if its possible to get Brewster for a reasonable fee... I definitely wouldnt mind. Yes, he's done nothing but he just turned 21 and it was obvious from what I saw of him last year that he could turn into a good PL player.

WBA:

Diagne is a very good striker but 29 years old, so I dont think he will be a target. Other than that, Matheus Pereira is class but will probably end up in the Villa/Everton category of wallets (or abroad) rather than the Brighton level. Ainsley Maitland-Niles is also good but not really theirs... He is however the most likely Brighton signing currently playing in the PL.

Fulham:

They have a couple of good players, most of them on loan. Anderson is class but I dont think another CB is a priority. Lookman is exciting but would require the team to play with wingers (which may or may not be the plan), Anguissa is a good midfielder but with Moder, White, Caicedo, Alzate and even (possibly) Pröpper in contention to replace Bissouma I dont think the club will be looking for a midfieder unless he is (like AMN) able to play in multiple roles. Robinson probably too expensive (and not a lot better than BDB if at all) to be backup for March. Josh Maja... wouldnt rule it out, Bordeaux really need the money and Maja is young and talented.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Normally i'd say players from the relegated teams is a big no no, but this season there does seem a couple that could be handy.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Sheffield:
Not really that horny on anything they got but if its possible to get Brewster for a reasonable fee... I definitely wouldnt mind. Yes, he's done nothing but he just turned 21 and it was obvious from what I saw of him last year that he could turn into a good PL player.

WBA:

Diagne is a very good striker but 29 years old, so I dont think he will be a target. Other than that, Matheus Pereira is class but will probably end up in the Villa/Everton category of wallets (or abroad) rather than the Brighton level. Ainsley Maitland-Niles is also good but not really theirs... He is however the most likely Brighton signing currently playing in the PL.

Fulham:

They have a couple of good players, most of them on loan. Anderson is class but I dont think another CB is a priority. Lookman is exciting but would require the team to play with wingers (which may or may not be the plan), Anguissa is a good midfielder but with Moder, White, Caicedo, Alzate and even (possibly) Pröpper in contention to replace Bissouma I dont think the club will be looking for a midfieder unless he is (like AMN) able to play in multiple roles. Robinson probably too expensive (and not a lot better than BDB if at all) to be backup for March. Josh Maja... wouldnt rule it out, Bordeaux really need the money and Maja is young and talented.

Do you not rate Sander Berge? We were linked when he signed for Sheff Utd. I expect he could be on ‘bigger’ teams wishlist now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here