Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
According to who?
Off the top of my head Dave Coldwell, Carl Froch , Dan Hardy [MMA) guy. I watched a lot of pre Fight interviews on boxing channels and Everyone gave Ngannou credit for his performance against Fury.
The general consensus was he was a very tough guy who could take a punch and showed boxing iq against Fury. And that Joshua was in for a tough night.
No one predicted a demolition job like that.
It’s fair comment that Usyk and Fury wouldn’t leave themselves as open as Ngannou did. But credit where it’s due - Joshua obliterated a guy who put Fury down and arguably beat.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
yeah have to eat those words don't i , Joshua looked like a new man / fighter , his new training crew appear to have re ignited his belief in himself , on that form he beats anyone .....i bet Fury's clacker went when that third bomb hit although you don't normally get to land a punch that clean at elite level , let's be honest.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
yeah have to eat those words don't i , Joshua looked like a new man / fighter , his new training crew appear to have re ignited his belief in himself , on that form he beats anyone .....i bet Fury's clacker went when that third bomb hit although you don't normally get to land a punch that clean at elite level , let's be honest.
But you’d question that is the elite level?

Only Ngannou’s second ever contest, his first being more akin to the WWE, it was effectively like AJ hitting a dummy in the gym?

No taking anything away from the power of the punches but would AJ be in a similar situation against the likes of;
Usyk
Fury
Zhang
Joyce
Wilder
or even Dubois, Whyte or Parker?

On that showing despite the almost corrupt ’ranking’ by the WBC you wouldn’t put Ngannou in the top 100 🤷‍♂️

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Only Ngannou’s second ever contest, his first being more akin to the WWE, it was effectively like AJ hitting a dummy in the gym?

No taking anything away from the power of the punches but would AJ be in a similar situation against the likes of;
Usyk
Fury
Zhang
Joyce
Wilder

On that showing despite the almost corrupt ’ranking’ by the WBC you wouldn’t put Ngannou in the top 100 🤷‍♂️
well yes , thats what i meant old boy ....Ngannou was a sitting duck for the knockout punch , i doubt very much AJ gets that shot certainly against the top 2 on your list

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
💯

he swerved Usyk too at first, demanded most of purse for his 1 belt, I assume thinking Usyk would decline, but when he agreed and called his bluff he made loads more excuses to avoid fight.

There's always a chance his cut that postponed fight was really training related incident, but honestly I said to a friend months ago when fight announced, I'll only believe it when Fury is in ring and reckon he'll try and find way out of fight, then after all these reports he's getting put on his arse in sparring, a sudden cut/postponement?

The only thing that may persuade him is the purse on a 2 fight deal as it will be off the charts, but imho I don't think Fury fancies this one bit. Let's see if his bravado match his actions.
I see Fury Senior has been called out by “Big” Joe Eagan and “the fighting man”’seems to be usually very quiet on this

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He beat a MMA fighter. There is nothing to suggest he's back to the AJ who beat Wlad or he's renewed.
I never said this. I said he’s reenergized and has renewed focus.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It’s only after the fight I realised that a lot of people actually gave Ngannou a chance. :lolol:

People need to realise these ‘fights’ are nothing but shows, designed to draw maximum money out of the paying public. This and the Fury one went exactly how they wanted it to.

Boxing is 90% business now days, and the vast majority of fans have absolutely no idea about it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
According to who?
Fury himself? Although we do know Fury talks a lot of shite so this is posted partly in jest.

“He [Ngannou] gave me a better fight than all the boxers did in the last 10 years. I think that’s been my toughest fight I’ve had for years.”

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It’s only after the fight I realised that a lot of people actually gave Ngannou a chance. :lolol:

People need to realise these ‘fights’ are nothing but shows, designed to draw maximum money out of the paying public. This and the Fury one went exactly how they wanted it to.

Boxing is 90% business now days, and the vast majority of fans have absolutely no idea about it.
And I Guess Manny Pacquiao, one of the greatest pound for pound boxers ever, is included in those fans that have absolutely no idea about it?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
And I Guess Manny Pacquiao, one of the greatest pound for pound boxers ever, is included in those fans that have absolutely no idea about it?

The fact that you believe he thinks that shows you have absolutely no idea what is really going on.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sleep and waking up on time.
Rather than upset the wife I set up 5Live to listen to the fight on headphones in bed.
Think it was gone midnight when they said there was still one more fight before AJ, so I took out my headphones and went to sleep.
Somehow I awoke, put my headphones in just as they said "welcome to the ring AJ Anthony Joshua". How does my brain know what time to wake up?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The fact that you believe he thinks that shows you have absolutely no idea what is really going on.
I heard him interviewed on the pre fight BBC radio show in fuller context, he definitely believed that imho.

Are you now implying that you have inside info that his actual expressed words in context are in fact lies?

And why wouldn't he. The WBC, lineal and undefeated world champion was put on his arse by him, taken the distance, won narrowly on points, and he himself said "his chin is made of granite"

And for all the "set up" nonsense, AJ was meant to fight Wilder. it was a done deal until he got chinned by Parker and after the Fury fight...... Ngannou has been punched, kicked and elbowed in head who has never once been on the canvas in MMA or v WBC champion, it was a legitimate opponent.

Other former and current boxers went Ngannou, and Chisora while backing AJ to prevail said it would be his hardest fight of his career.

Doubling down to fit a narrative born out of dislike for AJ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see Fury Senior has been called out by “Big” Joe Eagan and “the fighting man”’seems to be usually very quiet on this
Fury Senior is an utter embarrassment. What exactly does he do in Tysons team?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Usyk
Fury
Zhang
Joyce
Wilder

Is the correct answer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here