Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Android phones

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I pay £12 a month to GiffGaff and buy a phone when the previous £100 phone has died.
So consequently I'm only about 6 or 7 phones in when it comes to mobile phone ownership.

My last phone was a refurbed Moto C, so I'd had it for about 3 years.
Last month I was looking for it's replacement and was struck by a couple of things:-

- The speed of turnover.
Site X recommends a Samsung A21 (?)
Site Y recommends a different Samsung, but side by side comparisons have them pretty much identical.
Only then did I realise this minimal upgrade had come along about 4 months after the previous model was released.

- Price.
Jnr was in a school lesson when I saw phones costing £1500.
A couple of minutes of Victor Meldrewing later he had to tell me to shut up as I'd stopped his lesson. :lol:

Well I've got a blacker hat than you :p

I pay £8 a month for 8gb data, unlimited calls and texts on Three.

My last phone was an LG Gpro2 with removable battery. It lasted about 5 or 6 yrs with a couple of battery changes, before some of my apps refused to support such an old Android version anymore. It is now used by my better half as an MP3 player.

My latest phone doesn't have a removable battery unfortunately, but it has the latest Android and a huge battery capacity that lasts a couple of days no bother. I hope to get a good few years out of this phone and it cost me around £200 :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'm 5 phones in.

Nokia 3120 ( I think that was the model)
LG Renoir
Nokia N8
LG Gpro 2
Redmi Note 9 Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here