Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andre Marriner last night. Thoughts?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
and it was pure timewasting ,
when watching the replay noticed that he landed on his right side and yet was feigning an injury to his (untouched )left shoulder , if only hed concentrated on playing the game honestly , lol

I went back and watched it specifically to catch up with the goal again, and it really struck me firstly that there was nothing in the challenge that might have done him any harm and secondly - exactly what you say - he didn’t land on the bit that was supposed to be hurting. Serves them fxxxxxxg well right.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One thing I've realised only on reflection this evening that he did very well was blowing the final whistle. We scored with 30 seconds of added time left; they kicked off, and we played for a very short time, then he blew the whistle.
Last season, against us, the referees would have added two minutes for the scorinng of the goal, plus a bit of 'Fergie time' before blowing up - any chance to give our opponents (especially Manchester United!) a chance to remedy their situation against 'little old Brighton'.
Last season we'd have definately had to keep playing for another couple of minutes.

Fine margins ...........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here