Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone v. Undav.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He had 4 attempts on goal on Sunday - the goal, the one he should have tried to lob the keep (ala Maupay) , the header (not enough power on the cross) and the skier. The later looked easier on the replay , I thought he had to move quickly to ball so was rushed.

His link up was good and he did a couple of sly fouls to stop Grimsby breaking . the fact that he had 4 chances shows he does have an eye for a goal so I am happy to see him play at the moment.
I was happy to see him play against Grimsby last Sunday, the semi final at Wemberlee? . . . not quite so much.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Andone is batshit crazy, a liability and currently towards the end of a substantial downhill trajectory in form (which, arguably, wasn't that high to begin with).

Undav seems a level headed guy, works hard and is dependable, is currently playing 'ok' and scoring goals, and is (hopefully) on the start of an uphill trajectory in form.

I know my answer.
That's a pretty accurate summary. Verdict is a little out on Undav but could come good and certainly not time to write off and move on. Comes across as decent bloke with the right attitude and a team player. Andone ticked none of those boxes and was a total mentalist liability.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think Undav did well Sunday, scored 1st goal had another chance which he ballooned over which, many others have done the same so won't knock him for that. His link up play is good and given time and more 1st team action he will improve. More to the point, he doesn't strop considering he doesn't get much game time and is prepared to keep fighting for his place.
You forgot to mention his assist for Ferguson's second!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
RDZ seems to like a 4-2-3-1 formation with inverted wide attacker's and full backs who can overlap. In such a set up Undav is fighting for the lone striker position or the central support which I personally feel is better suited to an ACM rather than a second CF.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
This thread seems hugely unfair to Andone. I accept he was a difficult character but in Hughtons second season he scored some crucial goals for us not least the late winner at home to Huddersfield. He also scored THAT goal against them as well as a crucial late equaliser away to WBA in our cup run.

Undav by comparison has managed three goals two of which were against League 1/2 opposition. He hasn’t managed a single goal in league or cup against PL opposition yet.

He may come good, he’s definitely looks tidy on the ball but to declare him better than Andone on what we have seen so far is ridiculous.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
His link-up play and all round contribution is good, but he does seem like one of those strikers who will miss loads of chances.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
While we're on the topic of Deniz Undav, something happened going back two or three months ago that totally took him out of the team for a few weeks. I have no idea what happened to him but it was clearly not good and was yet another hurdle that he's had to overcome. I had just about forgotten about it and I suspect most others probably have.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Undav for me is the better player and more natural finished. BUT, without the goals Andone scored in our second season we would definitely have been relegated. His two winners against Huddersfield were absolutely crucial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here