Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An Omen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're all going to die in a lift shaft or fall into a frozen river?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just seen a group of Seagulls (well, herring gulls probably) chasing a red kite away.

Read into this what you will!

Seagulls are wild and can battle like f#ck but they are stupid in where they nest their eggs.

They nest on wide open roofs.

In my building where I live I can look out on Seagulls nesting. Also on the same roof there are pigeons nesting.

The seagulls nest out in the open.

The pigeons nest in the corner at the top of a drainpipe which has a handrail above it on 2 sides.

Nesting in BT Tower above them both at the moment is a couple of what looks like Kestrel Hawks.

I can lie in bed watching the attacks daily. The Seagulls are constantly fending off attacks from the Kestrals to protect their young from the Kestrals attacking.

The pigeons on the other hand are snug as a bug in a rug coz the Kestrals can't swoop down due to the railings around where the have nested.

And when the Seagulls go after the pigeons ( there are 4 of them ). They just dig in and defend in numbers.

It's fab to watch each day and is great to see every year. Last year the Seagulls lost 3 out of 3 of their young.

The pigeons was harder to tell as I wasn't sure how many young were in there.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Seagulls are wild and can battle like f#ck but they are stupid in where they nest their eggs.

They nest on wide open roofs.

In my building where I live I can look out on Seagulls nesting. Also on the same roof there are pigeons nesting.

The seagulls nest out in the open.

The pigeons nest in the corner at the top of a drainpipe which has a handrail above it on 2 sides.

Nesting in BT Tower above them both at the moment is a couple of what looks like Kestrel Hawks.

I can lie in bed watching the attacks daily. The Seagulls are constantly fending off attacks from the Kestrals to protect their young from the Kestrals attacking.

The pigeons on the other hand are snug as a bug in a rug coz the Kestrals can't swoop down due to the railings around where the have nested.

And when the Seagulls go after the pigeons ( there are 4 of them ). They just dig in and defend in numbers.

It's fab to watch each day and is great to see every year. Last year the Seagulls lost 3 out of 3 of their young.

The pigeons was harder to tell as I wasn't sure how many young were in there.

Eric Cantona :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here