Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ‘Ammers not ‘appy

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You can’t remember it that well…

O’Hara wasn’t subbed - scuttled off down the tunnel after gesturing to their fans during the game after they sang ‘50 grand you’re having a laugh’. Roger Johnson threw his shirt to the crowd and they threw it back - wasn’t O’Hara as is commonly said on here! If O’Hara had gone over at the end there would have been a riot!

In over 50 years watching football, it’s the only time I’ve heard both teams supporters singing “You’re not fit to wear the shirt in” in unison.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yep, in eleven Premier League meetings, the Ammers still haven't registered a single victory. We certainly seem to have the Indian sign over them.

As for yesterday and their fans, one that l came across in the coach park afterwards, reluctantly was forced to admit that "we were quite a well organised side". Praise indeed lol.
12 now 😉

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A more intellectual dissection of the game here……. :laugh:

Presenter: "Dom, have you ever seen a worse game of football?"

Dom: "No. No. Erm. Cuuh. Phhe. I can't believe like. Ughh.
You know what, I'm actually lost for words"

Presenter: "Is that because English isn't your first language?"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Presenter: "Dom, have you ever seen a worse game of football?"

Dom: "No. No. Erm. Cuuh. Phhe. I can't believe like. Ughh.
You know what, I'm actually lost for words"

Presenter: "Is that because English isn't your first language?"
It reminded me of countless AFTV interviews before this season ... the silences, exact same words, accent and tone, the fly catching, a complete dearth of information.

I suspect AFTV has set a trend amongst these channels for the London clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Crazy isn't it.

The worry is that the moneyed clubs just take it all away, but it is heartening that we've been able to keep someone like Caicedo content for now, despite the serious offer from a club at the top of the table.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Crazy isn't it.

The worry is that the moneyed clubs just take it all away, but it is heartening that we've been able to keep someone like Caicedo content for now, despite the serious offer from a club at the top of the table.
This is why getting into Europe is huge. We convince players, coaches and others that we can do this and help them compete at those levels while still here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is why getting into Europe is huge. We convince players, coaches and others that we can do this and help them compete at those levels while still here.
Indeed. And why Liverpool being 3 up is a bit annoying.

Reactions: A1X

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
😮 I expect better from you HWT!
:facepalm:

yo said wot.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A year ago his grammar was perfect. He then slipped into putting intentional, ironic errors in quotes. That’s now totally morphed into full-blown inaccuracies. I’m waiting for the “their/there/they’re” problems to emerge.
unimpressed.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here