Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Turnstile Question

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
About a month ago my iphone 6s (yes I know its old) stopped working at the turnstiles. When I say stopped working, when held against the scanner nothing happens. Not a massive deal as I could access the QR code and get that scanned and get in.

However, for the last Europa League game there was no QR code on the ticket in the wallet. Had to go to the ticket office where it was all my fault and I had to provide ID despite opening my phone with my fingerprint. Anyway, they reloaded the tickets with a QR code and got in. I asked why my phone was no longer working and was told my phone is too old and there was a NFC (Near Field Comunication?) update which means it will no longer work.

Is this correct?
Anyone else have the same problem?
Is there a way around this like downloading an NFC app?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
About a month ago my iphone 6s (yes I know its old) stopped working at the turnstiles. When I say stopped working, when held against the scanner nothing happens. Not a massive deal as I could access the QR code and get that scanned and get in.

However, for the last Europa League game there was no QR code on the ticket in the wallet. Had to go to the ticket office where it was all my fault and I had to provide ID despite opening my phone with my fingerprint. Anyway, they reloaded the tickets with a QR code and got in. I asked why my phone was no longer working and was told my phone is too old and there was a NFC (Near Field Comunication?) update which means it will no longer work.

Is this correct?
Quick look online seems to show Apple have only upgraded functionality to post-6 models so it won’t work

I’ve got a code in my wallet for the three match pack though ? ’Show code‘ at the bottom of the screen ?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Quick look online seems to show Apple have only upgraded functionality to post-6 models so it won’t work

I’ve got a code in my wallet for the three match pack though ? ’Show code‘ at the bottom of the screen ?
Thanks, my original 3 match tickets did not have a QR code. At the ticket office they reloaded the tickets but this time with a QR code. Maybe some tickets were issued without QR codes in error.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Is this correct?

Opening your phone with your fingerprint is not proof of who you are...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

All the iPhone owning STH I know didn’t have a QR code on the 3 match Europa ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here