Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Seat Swap 2021/2022

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
By giving the fans the chance to change ownership of their season ticket, the opportunity to swap seats is clearly on the table. This could be an incredible opportunity for many fans. I’m wondering if NSC could be a platform to link swappers up?

“Chance To Take Over Season Ticket Ownership for 2021/22

Following a very unusual season we are allowing supporters to change the names on season tickets and take over a season ticket holder’s seat. This is only for the 2021/22 season and will not be offered for future seasons, so please use this opportunity wisely. Step Guide:

1. The season ticket holder who wants to transfer their seat to a new occupant must login online and complete the online cancellation before 5pm on Thursday 29 April.
2. The person ‘taking over’ the seat must be either a 2020/21 MyAlbion+ member or a renewed season ticket holder with a registered fan number at tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com. If they are none of these, then the new occupant must set themselves up with a fan number at tickets.brightonandhovealbion.comand a £20 take-over fee will be charged to the new occupant.
3. When completing the online cancellation survey, the current season ticket holder must indicate the seat is to be ‘taken over’ and provide the fan number, name and email of the person taking over the seat.
4. The new occupant will be emailed with the reserved season ticket information and will be prompted to login and purchase the season ticket online. This must be done no later than 5pm on Thursday 6 May.
5. The club accepts no liability if incorrect details are provided for the new occupant, if the new occupant’s email address is incorrect or if the purchase is not completed by the required date.”

virgs

Aug 31, 2004
I’d be up for that . I have a1901 seat with lifetime membership I want to swap for a general seat

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is this transfer permanent or just for the season. That's not clear to me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is this transfer permanent or just for the season. That's not clear to me.
Permanent. It's a one off chance. Miss it and there is no indication that it will be allowed again.

virgs

Aug 31, 2004
Definitely permanent ... just checked with club . The website is ambiguous
As to whether the amnesty is limited to just next season or the transfer of the seat .

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
By giving the fans the chance to change ownership of their season ticket, the opportunity to swap seats is clearly on the table. This could be an incredible opportunity for many fans. I’m wondering if NSC could be a platform to link swappers up?

“Chance To Take Over Season Ticket Ownership for 2021/22

Following a very unusual season we are allowing supporters to change the names on season tickets and take over a season ticket holder’s seat. This is only for the 2021/22 season and will not be offered for future seasons, so please use this opportunity wisely. Step Guide:

1. The season ticket holder who wants to transfer their seat to a new occupant must login online and complete the online cancellation before 5pm on Thursday 29 April.
2. The person ‘taking over’ the seat must be either a 2020/21 MyAlbion+ member or a renewed season ticket holder with a registered fan number at tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com. If they are none of these, then the new occupant must set themselves up with a fan number at tickets.brightonandhovealbion.comand a £20 take-over fee will be charged to the new occupant.
3. When completing the online cancellation survey, the current season ticket holder must indicate the seat is to be ‘taken over’ and provide the fan number, name and email of the person taking over the seat.
4. The new occupant will be emailed with the reserved season ticket information and will be prompted to login and purchase the season ticket online. This must be done no later than 5pm on Thursday 6 May.
5. The club accepts no liability if incorrect details are provided for the new occupant, if the new occupant’s email address is incorrect or if the purchase is not completed by the required date.”

As a 1901 Club member I think you will find under point 2 above you are neither a 2020/21 My Albion + member nor a renewed season ticket holder. Apparently a 1901 season ticket holder is treated differently to a general admission season ticket holder. It doesn't matter how many years you have held a season ticket or how many loyalty points you have. As a 1901 season ticket holder you only have the right to renew your 1901 season ticket. Suggest you confirm this with the Club.

virgs

Aug 31, 2004
I have checked it with the club ... via Mr Barber ... and if the 1901 seat is in an individuals name then you can give it up and move to a general seat and take your loyalty points with you.
Supporter services have confirmed that the £20 fee is not applied but a£50 fee is due to the the club for registering the new owner of the 1901 seat.
Where’s the problem ?

Last edited:

virgs

Aug 31, 2004
To work properly it would need to be promoted to its own section of the site.
Just like the outlawed ticket exchange.
It could be popular - and legitimate?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs T, who is an internet genius, has failed to register herself or make any headway in our attempts to put 4 people on our ticket 'team'. Looks like a phone call may be required.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have checked it with the club ... via Mr Barber ... and if the 1901 seat is in an individuals name then you can give it up and move to a general seat and take your loyalty points with you.
Supporter services have confirmed that the £20 fee is not applied but a£50 fee is due to the the club for registering the new owner of the 1901 seat.
Where’s the problem ?

If I understand his situation correctly, [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] may be interested in this post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here