Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex match timer

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
In all previous seasons, the timer on the big screens has stopped at 90 mins, which I understood to be a rule (at every ground). Today, it was displaying the added time minutes. Is this something that has been lifted or was it an error on the display?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I noticed that too. Would be good if this is something we will get regularly now, rather than having to check when the second half kicks off or the 90 goes up.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
its new this season, the timer continues until the end of the half. Then it resets to 45
With the expected increase in added time, it will be useful to know how much time is actually left

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I noticed that and wondered what happened when it got to 100 minutes, because there didn't seem enough space for three digits.

Yep, I even bored MYSELF writing that!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It’s a new rule this season that clubs will show added time, they were not previously allowed to do so.
was it really a rule or just some practice? always seemed bizzare to me pretending time stopped, for no rational purpose.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
One very good thing about the new approach. We get back all the minutes lost while making torturous VAR checks. It wasn’t just the players wasting everyone’s time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here