Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] America’s Cup: Prada Cup

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
The Italians get their way.

Racing starts again tomorrow, with no spectators.

At 0-4 down, GB really need to win 3 of this weekend's 4 races to even stand a chance of getting back into this.

Not holding out much hope, but will be up in time to watch Race 5 (7am here).

I think it will be all over this weekend. Its such fine margins. The racing is closer than the score suggests and now that the Itailians have decided to match race (Which bizarrely they didnt in the round robins) I just cant see them losing.
If NZ win this AC, rumour has it that they will opt to have the racing in Dubai next time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think it will be all over this weekend. Its such fine margins. The racing is closer than the score suggests and now that the Itailians have decided to match race (Which bizarrely they didnt in the round robins) I just cant see them losing.
If NZ win this AC, rumour has it that they will opt to have the racing in Dubai next time.

That will be brilliant ! It will be just like the Pod racing on Tatooine.... the Iranian gunboats will take some outpacing though.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
0-5. Outfoxed in the pre-start, stung with penalties, and never in it thereafter.

One more race to go this morning, but it’s as good as over. We’re just not competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If it is any consolation an old mate of mine from school, big Albion fan from Brighton has done a huge amount of work on the Italian boat!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
1-5. Finally managed to NOT fvck up the pre-start and get away first, and did just enough - especially on the downwind legs - to stay in front.

Don’t think Prada were overly fussed about letting one go, though. They only need to win 2 of the remaining 7 races, and are still comfortably on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
All over.

1-7.

Cakewalk for the Italians. Easily a knot or two faster, and a degree or two higher. GB never troubled them in either race today.

Luna Rossa goes forward to face the Kiwis in the Americas Cup.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
All over.

1-7.

Cakewalk for the Italians. Easily a knot or two faster, and a degree or two higher. GB never troubled them in either race today.

Luna Rossa goes forward to face the Kiwis in the Americas Cup.

I'm no expert but having watched the last race appears we ****ed up the start again. Looked like we were going to cross the line too early and had to tack and lost speed because of that. Always behind. Guess they had to go for it. Still, I'm sure Ratcliffe can finance another shot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, back to the multi million pound drawing board

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Hopefully we will be COR for the next one. I think a lot of the problem has been that we had a year less than the others to develop a boat and it showed. LR could point higher and sail better in light wind and as soon as they got their act together on the boat it was always going to be hard for us to win. The Kiwis seem very confident that they will win the AC but theyve had no race practice since Christmas. I wouldnt be surprised if we hang around and give them a bit of practice before the main event starts in return for us being their preferred challenger.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If anyone's stuck with this after GBR were knocked out, and have been watching the America's Cup between Italy and NZ, make sure to watch the races from earlier this morning.

After six fairly processional races largely decided in the pre-starts had left things tied at 3–3, today was certainly 'different'!!

Lead changes in both races, and one astonishing tack that's probably decided the destination of the trophy...

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
New Zealand retain the Cup with a comprehensive victory in race 10.
The fastest boat wins. LRPP needed to have done more in the first races before ETNZ became more race hardened.
Rumours going round that the next race might be in the Uk and as early as next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here