Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Amanda Gorman - deserves her own thread.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wasn't intentionally being insensitive towards her.

I just find the wording and the aggression in her speeches not in keeping with such a young girl.

I actually didn't know she had Asberger's so am apologetic if people found my post offensive in that regard. My gripe was more to do with the fact that whe someone comes across to me personally as " over aggressive" I tend to find that the message gets lost . And that's just a personal feeling I have about how to get a message across and not at the person themselves per say.

Although I’m retired now, I’ve known successful women who are assertive, often described as aggressive, by men.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I just find the wording and the aggression in her speeches not in keeping with such a young girl.

I actually didn't know she had Asberger's so am apologetic if people found my post offensive in that regard. My gripe was more to do with the fact that whe someone comes across to me personally as " over aggressive" I tend to find that the message gets lost . And that's just a personal feeling I have about how to get a message across and not at the person themselves per say.

This is a really good article about Thunberg. I have to say that I also find her delivery white irritating. Don't think she's really comparable to Gorman though.

https://www.ft.com/content/4df1b9e6-34fb-11e9-bd3a-8b2a211d90d5

I agree.

Knocked spots of the young Swedish girl who speaks out on climate change who tends to sound like her speeches have been written by Germaine Greer.

Girman's speech was delivered with sincerity in contrast to anger that seems to accompany the Swedish girl when she speaks and who seems to be operated by battery.

Perhaps you should be more concerned with the message rather than how it is delivered.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

You might want to read up on Aspergers before digging an even greater hole for yourself.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Swansman, I thought you weren't interested and found her a bit Hollywood.???

And? Still "no shit" that she sells more books and gets millions of social media followers after reading a poem at the presidential inauguration.

Just funning with you Swanny. Surprised you had come back to the thread.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here