Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Am I being conned here, or not?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Update (just in case anyone gives a shit!).

I got two prices, one from a company looking at photos, the other when I persuaded the guy to take the car to a garage.

These quotes were £300 and £480 respectively, compared to his original request for £882 plus expenses.

While I could play hardball and say I'll only pay for the lowest quote, I'm minded to say the middle price is ok and I'll pay that (but no more, including his 'expenses'). Partially because the £300 quote could always rise when the company actually see the car, and secondly because he did take the trouble to take the car to the £480 garage.

Agree?

Sounds fair and like the correct path to me.

It's always good to walk away knowing that you've done 'the right thing.' Many don't but who wants to live life like that? Sounds like a good solution.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, go with the £480.... Shows what a shit head the bloke is though.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I got two prices, one from a company looking at photos, the other when I persuaded the guy to take the car to a garage.

These quotes were £300 and £480 respectively, compared to his original request for £882 plus expenses.

While I could play hardball and say I'll only pay for the lowest quote, I'm minded to say the middle price is ok and I'll pay that (but no more, including his 'expenses'). Partially because the £300 quote could always rise when the company actually see the car, and secondly because he did take the trouble to take the car to the £480 garage.

Agree?

which two companies were the quotes from?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Does anyone care to recommend any companies for repairs or in my case rust damage which looks like a manufacturers fault (but its out of warranty).

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

Agree?

More than fair. Top bloke :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Agree?

All the way (even if a little more generous than me, being a tight git).

I hope when I hit someone, they're as honest as you, and Karma will see you right :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agree?

It’s a very fair offer, he’s lucky you’re so fair-minded. I’d pay the garage direct, and if he pushes for more tell him it’s this or nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here