Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Given the justifiable individual praise that Mooy and Maupay are receiving after last night, I think Alzate deserves some major plaudits. Being played out of position at right back up against Aubameyang looked a daunting task, but he looked so confident and calm on the ball and made some critical defensive interventions.

When Maty pulled off a great save in the first half he put in a tremendous diving header to stop any follow up, and he also made brilliant tackle in the second half when Dunk lost the ball in midfield.

He really looks an exciting talent, and full credit to Potter for selecting him there ahead of Montoya who I think would have struggled with the pace of the game.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He’s a 21 year old attack minded midfielder who so far this season has played LWB, CM & RB. He’s looked like a season pro in every single position and has barely put a foot wrong. If we’d signed him for £15,000,000 in the summer I’d think we’d got a bargain. Incredible player.

Southpaw

Nov 19, 2019
When he stands in for Ryan and does well then I will be impressed.Until then the jury is out.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
He had a good 1st half. Faded a bit in the 2nd & i was surprised he stayed on as long as he did. But another v good performance - out of position on the right wing / back

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's been an odd 24 hours.

The club posts £20m+ loses.
Then in Alzate & Connolly with contributions from Maupay, Ryan, Dunk, Webster, Burn showcase a kagillian bazillion pounds worth of talent.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I didn't think he would make the step up to the 1st team, I was wrong, very wrong. He keeps delivering excellent performances and deserves his place. He (like Connolly) still has a lot to learn and doesn't get everything right but the signs are good.

Also felt he faded a bit towards the end.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes he makes a few mistakes but those will hopefully disappear with experience, I love the fact that he always looks so calm on the ball and seems to have more time that he does

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He’s a 21 year old attack minded midfielder who so far this season has played LWB, CM & RB. He’s looked like a season pro in every single position and has barely put a foot wrong. If we’d signed him for £15,000,000 in the summer I’d think we’d got a bargain. Incredible player.

He is still a young player, learning his trade, and finding his feet in the first team. Yes he is doing very well, but l wouldn't call him incredible . . . yet awhile at least.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Made an incredible covering run and block in the second half. Another performance that exceeded expectations. Lovely.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
The block he did late in the 2nd half from Aub was brilliant full back play. Covered across, didn't dive in but made the block. It was textbook. He is nicely composed on the ball which is excellent for one so young. I agree with everything on here, a real find.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He was outstanding last night, one of the best players on the pitch.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes he makes a few mistakes but those will hopefully disappear with experience, I love the fact that he always looks so calm on the ball and seems to have more time that he does

You are never going to eliminate all mistakes and the fact that he only makes a few speaks volumes. I agree with others, he is an incredible talent. Potter's passing game is brilliant but it still isn't as exciting as watching a player take on his opponent and beat him with the ball at his feet. Alzate does that, as does Trossard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here