Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alternatives to NFC Tickets

seagullrich

Dec 16, 2010
Has anyone had much luck navigating alternatives to NFC season tickets this season.

I know the club is doing everything it can to push up the sale of iPhones further but for those of us who still want a printed ticket it's getting more and more difficult. I keep getting a not possible option when trying to renew my season ticket but it's still referenced on the club website.

Anyone with experience of getting print at home (or none NFC tickets)?

Thanks

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Has anyone had much luck navigating alternatives to NFC season tickets this season.

I know the club is doing everything it can to push up the sale of iPhones further but for those of us who still want a printed ticket it's getting more and more difficult. I keep getting a not possible option when trying to renew my season ticket but it's still referenced on the club website.

Anyone with experience of getting print at home (or none NFC tickets)?

Thanks

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=usercontent/documents/html/nosmartphone.html

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
nfc doesnt seem to work anyway, while the QR code does. so there's no reason for club to push away from printed QR codes, for those with printer. its rather exclusionary but thats the modern world, tech first access second.

Jul 7, 2003
NFC wouldn't work on my Pixel 4 but when I switched to a different Android phone it has worked every time for me.

As others have said, QR codes on the phone work really well in many ways:whistle:

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Where's the evidence that NFC doesn't work? It's worked every match for me and for most of those I see going into the WSU every game. The QR code works for my wife who doesn't have NFC on her phone.

Not saying there shouldn't be an alternative but arguments need to be based on facts not assertions with no evidence.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's worked flawlessly for me every game this season. Maybe I'm atypical.

should have put "reliably". either because not turned on, ticket not "active" on phone, not clear where to place, or machine not accepting who knows. where as QR is reliable, you can see its there.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It's worked flawlessly for me every game this season. Maybe I'm atypical.

Works on my watch. It's marvellous.

Haven't seen a paper gig ticket in the best part of a decade. Why should football be any different?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Even with a nice new Samsung using NFC has been distinctly hit and miss. Accordingly, rather than hold the queue up faffing I simply swipe under with the QR and works every time :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here