Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

All I want in the Europa League knockout round is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I repeat… fook 'em. I don’t give the faintest shit, or faintest whiff of shit, what they obsess over. The idea that some people are hoping we don't get drawn against a very beatable team because those nasty bullies at Palace will make beastly jokes, is utterly embarrassing. Get a grip. Don’t let them live in your head. They would swap their grannies for a place in the last 16 of the Europa League, having conquered Ajax, Marseille and AEK Athens.
Fùck sake dude, I’m only fuckin messing.
I think someone’s living in your head
#sigh#

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Fùck sake dude, I’m only fuckin messing.
I think someone’s living in your head
#sigh#
Who’s living in my head? In my adult life, I’ve never wanted something to happen or not happen based on being worried about what other people might think. Let people think what they want. But if I took what seemed like your anxiety too seriously, fair enough. I maybe overestimated your worry.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So if both Benfica and Sporting Lisbon win their play off match they'll be scheduled to play their last 16 match on the same night in stadiums two miles apart. Imagine the scramble for flight and hotel tickets if their opponents are Brighton and West Ham :oops:

Looked Into this a bit further:

If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day, priority is given to UEFA Champions League matches and UEFA Europa League matches are reversed.

That’s rule number 22.04 in the UEFA rulebook. In such a case, the priority is given to the team which had better standings in the previous season in the domestic league.

Therefore if both Benfica and Sporting won their next matches, i believe from reading that rule whoever draws Sporting would have their fixtures reversed and play at home in the first leg.

This happened when both Arsenal and Chelsea were drawn at home first in the 2019 Europa League, pissing off many Arsenal fans who bought plane tickets straight after the draw.

So it's not currently a given that we'll be playing at home on March 14th.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
Looked Into this a bit further:

If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day, priority is given to UEFA Champions League matches and UEFA Europa League matches are reversed.

That’s rule number 22.04 in the UEFA rulebook. In such a case, the priority is given to the team which had better standings in the previous season in the domestic league.

Therefore if both Benfica and Sporting won their next matches, i believe from reading that rule whoever draws Sporting would have their fixtures reversed and play at home in the first leg.

This happened when both Arsenal and Chelsea were drawn at home first in the 2019 Europa League, pissing off many Arsenal fans who bought plane tickets straight after the draw.

So it's not currently a given that we'll be playing at home on March 14th.
Great research

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here