Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] All 92 League clubs in order of capacity

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
That picture is incredible. There’s actually a guy there without a hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tell you something, people were a lot better dressed in those days than the scruffs nowadays. The women all looked glamorous too. Rare nowdays.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
When the stadium was planned, they budgeted on a worst case 16,000 average attendance for breakeven, indicating that the 30,850 wasn’t even a pipe dream.

35,000 including a deeper NS would be amazing, but I’m just a greedy supporter, paying in just my few hundred quid a year.

They really underestimated the size of our fanbase. Wonder how big the database would be now, got to be getting near 100,000.

010BFDED-C3EE-4709-9E20-03E3D0FCCB31.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They really underestimated the size of our fanbase. Wonder how big the database would be now, got to be getting near 100,000.

View attachment 119779

In a county of 1.6 million to ourselves, bar Crawley, Bognor/Chi some Pompey and some Charlton/Palace families in St Leonards apparently.

There was also cost considerations for TB. Scaling up a 30,850 to 35,000 stadium costs far more than simply pro-rating £90m upwards. As well as anti-football BHCC begrudgingly only accepting a 22,000 stadium .... transport, transport, yowda, yowda.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
In a county of 1.6 million to ourselves, bar Crawley, Bognor/Chi some Pompey and some Charlton/Palace families in St Leonards apparently.

There was also cost considerations for TB. Scaling up a 30,850 to 35,000 stadium costs far more than simply pro-rating £90m upwards. As well as anti-football BHCC begrudgingly only accepting a 22,000 stadium .... transport, transport, yowda, yowda.

I actually don’t think an extra 800 would be that bad for transport considering the amount of season ticket holders that don’t turn up throughout the season. A normal league game would probably have less than 30,000 there anyway. The cup games is where the extra 800 might make it a bit more difficult if it was sold out, that might be once a season.

Still, I don’t expect Tony to splash out when we could improve the squad, although I think there is room behind the North Stand and it would give us a bit more of an intimidation factor and would no doubt help our players.

We can dream.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I actually don’t think an extra 800 would be that bad for transport considering the amount of season ticket holders that don’t turn up throughout the season. A normal league game would probably have less than 30,000 there anyway. The cup games is where the extra 800 might make it a bit more difficult if it was sold out, that might be once a season.

Still, I don’t expect Tony to splash out when we could improve the squad, although I think there is room behind the North Stand and it would give us a bit more of an intimidation factor and would no doubt help our players.

We can dream.

Nor do I at all. I’d love that expansion, it would make the Amex a bit less lop-sided and give a decent home end.

But BHCC make a huge deal of sustainable transport policy etc. The club have to jump so many expensive hoops (transport consultants, planning consultants and law firm fees) every time they run an proposal past the council.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Nor do I at all. I’d love that expansion, it would make the Amex a bit less lop-sided and give a decent home end.

But BHCC make a huge deal of sustainable transport policy etc. The club have to jump so many expensive hoops (transport consultants, planning consultants and law firm fees) every time they run an proposal past the council.

Supposing we had a World Cup bid and they wanted to use our ground, doesn’t it have to be atleast 35,000? The FA might payable large percentage of the costs. I think they’ve done it before. Surely it’s a far more attractive ground than St Mary’s who got an England game not long ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Ahh, thanks for that, thought it might’ve been. Would have to have a massive infrastructure upgrade if that was the case then which is unlikely to be paid for.

Still, if Southampton get England games, I can’t see why we can’t.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Shocking - who let that woman in? I bet she doesn't know the offside rules!

Ha! Whilst looking at the pictures I was thinking of a certain NSC member who often posts moaning about women and children at the Amex. He'd have a fit if he saw those!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here