Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2024

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I was at the Komedia gig too on the recommendation of Spring Hall Convert. Last time I saw her play was at Hove Market when she was touring the Aviary album. Not heard the latest album yet, but to be honest I found Aviary hard work and have not managed to listen to it in its entirety.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was at the Komedia gig too on the recommendation of Spring Hall Convert. Last time I saw her play was at Hove Market when she was touring the Aviary album. Not heard the latest album yet, but to be honest I found Aviary hard work and have not managed to listen to it in its entirety.
Hmmm. If you found Aviary hard work the new one might not work for you…it’s in the same sonic area.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ha. He put me into her as well and convinced me to go. If I remember correctly I was sent a CD of hers by the Rounder Records Album Club and wasn’t grabbed by the first listen. SHC convinced me to listen more and also consider going to see her at the Volksbuhne…he even knew where she was playing.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rough Trade EU opens this weekend in Berlin. To say I’m excited is beyond belief. They also open late and have a bar selling a local craft beer I love called Heidenpeters and decent coffee as well. Alcohol, vinyl and a bank card is a dangerous mix.

See you at the kasse

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just a quick heads-up for the buzz that is building about this...

Slates was the wondrous 10 inch EP brought out by The Fall in 1981 'for people who don't buy records'. Mislaid my copy yonks ago but this looks amazing: a live version 'lovingly curated' by messrs Riley, Scanlon and the brothers Hanley, all of whom played on it. MES would doubtless have hated it ('unless he came up with the idea' :lol: )

Available to pre-order as a digital version for a cheap-as-chips £6 from bandcamp. Also in non-digital format from Rough Trade @Herr Tubthumper. Oh and also paging @Juan Albion who if memory serves is a fellow Fall fan. But then again, who isn't?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here