Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's biggest ever following?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm assuming this Sunday will see the highest ever number of Albion supporters at a stadium ever?

Highest Goldstone attendance 36,747
Highest Amex attendance: 31, 746

Other notable Albion followings:
FA Cup semi 2019: 35,000
Play offs 1991: 34,000 but less than 60k there because Notts County's fanbase was absolute village.
Not sure how many we took in 1983 (twice) but we gave a large chunk of our allocation to Man Utd for some stupid reason.

With 38,000 making the trip on Sunday, I don't think more Albion fans have ever watched the side play live.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I know it's not the most, but out of interest how many were at Highbury for the SF?

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
What about the FA Cup replay? Did we not have a greater allocation, as the tickets wouldn't have time to be spread amongst all the FAs and sundry?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
What about the FA Cup replay? Did we not have a greater allocation, as the tickets wouldn't have time to be spread amongst all the FAs and sundry?
We did, as there were indeed fewer corporate/FA seats for the replay, but Wembley capacity for night games then was 92,000, compared with 100,000 for daylight games.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I'm assuming this Sunday will see the highest ever number of Albion supporters at a stadium ever?

Highest Goldstone attendance 36,747
Highest Amex attendance: 31, 746

Other notable Albion followings:
FA Cup semi 2019: 35,000
Play offs 1991: 34,000 but less than 60k there because Notts County's fanbase was absolute village.
Not sure how many we took in 1983 (twice) but we gave a large chunk of our allocation to Man Utd for some stupid reason.

With 38,000 making the trip on Sunday, I don't think more Albion fans have ever watched the side play live.
No it won't be, don't you know, there was 44,000 at Hereford.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s all a load of nonsense really. Sure be hundreds of fans like me without ticket through official allocation so won’t be counted as BHA. Equally, lots of BHA allocation supporting Utd. Plus the many thousands who can’t make it for one reason or another. We’ve probably what, 100k on our database? That’s the fan base whether they can come or not on Sunday.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe you're right, but so it should be to see our best ever team in an FA cup Semi Final.

I remember getting more than the Amex's top attendance to see us play Wolves in the 3rd round of the league cup on a Wednesday night FFS. I'm a bit disappointed with 38,000 given how much better we are now :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here