Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's best own goals

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Colin Hawkins bullet header had total comedic value, I remember most of the crowd laughing at it. Poor Colin, he was a lovely fella as well. :lolol:

Travelling 7 hours on the coach to Anfield to watch Dunk keepy uppy into his own net was also a fantastic highlight, we scored 3 own goals that day, Wonder if that’s ever been ‘beaten’?

Colin gets my vote too. Was at Anfield for the Dunk OG show too.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, that one just popped into my head. I'm pretty sure it was the Blackpool game we won 6-1, scoring all 7 goals. It was a cracking finish.

That's the best one I've seen. It was a diving bullet header. The other goals we scored that day were amazing too. Spanish Dave and Orlandi weaving their magic sticks in the mind.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Colin Hawkins bullet header had total comedic value, I remember most of the crowd laughing at it. Poor Colin, he was a lovely fella as well. :lolol:

Travelling 7 hours on the coach to Anfield to watch Dunk keepy uppy into his own net was also a fantastic highlight, we scored 3 own goals that day, Wonder if that’s ever been ‘beaten’?

The Colin Hawkins one gets even funnier when you remember that forced us in to a 1st round FA Cup replay away to Hartlepool.

In which Hawkins gave away the penalty that knocked us out. :lolol: :lolol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The Hawk one was hilarious, even at the time everyone around me was laughing.

Two that sprang immediately to mind, both from the Withdean era. Kuipers catching a cross and taking about three steps back over his own line. One of his first home games for us, was dropped sharpish for Mark Cartwright. Might've been vs Bristol Rovers?

My personal "favourite" (again not on YouTube) was a short back pass to Mark Walton who "rushes" out and smacks the ball straight at Paul Watson's arse. Walton stumbles back, and falls over, as the ball trickled agonisingly past him. Went in the east end of the ground and don't remember who it was against

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
The Hawk one was hilarious, even at the time everyone around me was laughing.

Two that sprang immediately to mind, both from the Withdean era. Kuipers catching a cross and taking about three steps back over his own line. One of his first home games for us, was dropped sharpish for Mark Cartwright. Might've been vs Bristol Rovers?

My personal "favourite" (again not on YouTube) was a short back pass to Mark Walton who "rushes" out and smacks the ball straight at Paul Watson's arse. Walton stumbles back, and falls over, as the ball trickled agonisingly past him. Went in the east end of the ground and don't remember who it was against
Witnessed that Kuipers one.

And wasn't that the first goal we'd conceded for an AGE?

Pretty sure we was on a record clean sheet run and then he did that..!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
The Colin Hawkins one gets even funnier when you remember that forced us in to a 1st round FA Cup replay away to Hartlepool.

In which Hawkins gave away the penalty that knocked us out. :lolol: :lolol:

Colin Hawkins was either very unlucky or just not very good. Pretty sure he came on as sub in a game and then got sent off without touching the ball (might be wrong).

The Hinshelwood one was a classic. From out on the left back position he passed it back to the keeper but fairly hard. Unfortunately the keeper had come out of his goal leaving it unguarded. Good finish.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Colin Hawkins was either very unlucky or just not very good. Pretty sure he came on as sub in a game and then got sent off without touching the ball (might be wrong).

The Hinshelwood one was a classic. From out on the left back position he passed it back to the keeper but fairly hard. Unfortunately the keeper had come out of his goal leaving it unguarded. Good finish.

Stockport at home I believe. Elphick was sent off, so we bought on Hawkins who ran from the halfway line to the box to defend a freekick, pulled one of their players over, gave away a penalty and then carried on his run run straight to the dressing room. I think it finished 4-2 to Stockport... how times change!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here