Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Watford Sat Aug 21

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really? Not sure there’s anything there to get offended about and his overview of us is positive.

My thoughts too.

Found this statement strange though:
'The whole town looks as though it has suffered from the pandemic with most of the restaurants moving towards Hove.'

Did he completely miss North Laine/the lanes and the huge amount of independent shops are as well as tens of restaurants?! I'd say Brighton has probably suffered less than the vast majority of towns its size from the pandemic!

This. Only a soppy oversensitive type is going to take offence to any of that. It's very fair and bang on the money.

I like Watford anyway, if only for the fact they hate that nasty, grubby bunch of no marks, Loo town.

Just to confirm [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] I’m not offended. Just glance read it as it was odd but isn’t ‘queer’ homophobic or is that word now reclaimed? Anyway, just thought it was very harsh on the city really - making it sound like the crime capital of the UK etc?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Harry the Hornet, must be the best mascot around. His dive in front of Zaha was brilliant. Hodgson even got involved saying it was ‘disrespectful’ .

Yes, I like Watford for that alone.

Still, I expect them to go down, regardless of the result Saturday.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Just to confirm [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] I’m not offended. Just glance read it as it was odd but isn’t ‘queer’ homophobic or is that word now reclaimed? Anyway, just thought it was very harsh on the city really - making it sound like the crime capital of the UK etc?

Hmm, I think you’ve been a bit whooshed here mate.

It’s a quote from Noel Coward, there’s references to Brighton Rock, and a subtle reference, I presume, to Peter James’ Brighton based detective novels.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hmm, I think you’ve been a bit whooshed here mate.

It’s a quote from Noel Coward, there’s references to Brighton Rock, and a subtle reference, I presume, to Peter James’ Brighton based detective novels.

Yeh sorry I didn’t realise so my comments are probably redundant :lol: I was hungover half reading it admittedly but not great on my literature :lol:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
On a serious note, my neighbour is Watford fan, and has been nothing but complementary on the Albions progression to the PL

My neighbour is also a Watford fan and we will be sitting side by side in front of my TV for this one. He said we have to wear team shirts but I’m not sure any of the 5 I have even fit any more :ascarf:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Well written and balanced piece IMO, albeit Albion never think 3 points is a gimme.....

Sure Potter & Co will have noted Sarr-Dennis combo and how Targett was aptly named for Sarr's offensive duties yesterday.

Guess is Veltman will be drafted in as right footed LB assuming the pinging forecasts in another thread are correct. He is cool, assured and actually a defender. Confident that Dunk/Webster/Duffy can cope with Dennis. Watford are not as good away as at home, and defensively not that great. Expect a home win with maybe a scare thrown in to keep us on our toes. 2-1 for me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Five people think we're going to lose by three goals. We lost by three goals just once last season (away to Leicester). I like a bit of optimism but they're just deluded

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Don't mind Watford.

Troy Deeney tho is a kn0b.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here