Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Fulham 1969

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A brief snippet of vintage Albion action at 44.49 here of Albion beating Fulham in the 69-70 season. Johnny Haynes puts the Cottagers ahead before Alan Gilliver appears to punch the ball home from a typical Kit Napier inswinging corner in front of the North Stand. Kit himself nets the winner.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hope the ref kept the ball, could be worth £3 million according to BBC Breakfast this morning (hand of god ball up for auction expected to go for that amount).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It would be weird to turn up at the pearly gates and find that Alan Gilliver was God.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh wow I was at that game! Didn't know, or had forgotten, that it was on TV! (Note the 'proper' Albion shirts :))

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Oh wow I was at that game! Didn't know, or had forgotten, that it was on TV! (Note the 'proper' Albion shirts :))
Interesting that the camera position must have been near the players' tunnel in the West Stand stand rather than on a scaffolding tower above the East Terrace as became usual.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Interesting that the camera position must have been near the players' tunnel in the West Stand stand rather than on a scaffolding tower above the East Terrace as became usual.
Yes it was. A group of us 13-year-olds stood nearby and sang songs about our schoolteachers. These were never picked up on the TV commentary, which we were sad about at the time but, looking back, was a good thing.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
October 1976,the main match from division3!
Brighton v Palace
I was at this game,not the Fulham one though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here