Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v European champions

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Six of the last eight fixtures have been against European champions, past and current.

Manchester United 1 - 2 Albion
Chelsea 1 - 0 Albion
Aston Villa 6 - 1 Albion
Marseille 2 - 2 Albion
Albion 2 - 2 Liverpool
Manchester City 2 - 1 Albion

I think we've been a bit unlucky, and were worth more than the one solitary win.

Ajax, up next, will make it seven in nine. Need to get another W on the board (says the master of the obvious).

Regardless of the outcome on Thursday - just look at the company we're keeping and we don't look out of place at all!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ajax are third from bottom of their league. We have to go for the jugular on Thursday.
I was feeling supremely confident against Ajax.... If you have asked me after the man u game I would have said 4/5-0. Now I'm not so sure. They've drawn both their games in Europe. It's gonna be tight I think. Exciting to have two games against them in a row now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As a side note, I don't recall hearing Citeh sing about being champions of Europe at the game yesterday, although we did have a rendition of Champions of Sussex, so maybe they did.

They liked to hammer home the 'current European Champions' on the tram station info boards though.😂

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
As a side note, I don't recall hearing Citeh sing about being champions of Europe at the game yesterday, although we did have a rendition of Champions of Sussex, so maybe they did.

They liked to hammer home the 'current European Champions' on the tram station info boards though.😂
There was one small burst of a song about winning it, but saying that there where support was so poor

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There was one small burst of a song about winning it, but saying that there where support was so poor
It must be a pretty soulless experience being a Man City fan these days.

If you win just about every game (and they have now won their last 21 home games), and you hoover up the best players, where is the excitement? It’s just so humdrum.

I can understand why there is no atmosphere there.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ajax are third from bottom of their league. We have to go for the jugular on Thursday.

Handball!

Ball Fail GIF by G2 Esports

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
It must be a pretty soulless experience being a Man City fan these days.

If you win just about every game (and they have now won their last 21 home games), and you hoover up the best players, where is the excitement? It’s just so humdrum.

I can understand why there is no atmosphere there.
I said this imagine turning up to every home game knowing you going to win no excitement anything boring soulless experience

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

They hardly sang anything at any time. I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a worse set of home supporters - truly football in a library. 2-0 up dominating, Albion fans silenced, and home fans not celebrating or seemingly interested...so quiet that for long periods of time individual shouts echoed and you could hear the hum of people chatting about Strictly or whatever it is they'd rather have been watching and occasional half hearted smattering of applause. A weirdly sterile atmosphere and crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here