Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Brentford. Steele assisting. Twice.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Had a very mixed game last night, did Steele. Made a series of decent saves, and of course the assist - but he passed the ball straight to a Brentford player on literally about 5 occasions. That bit is his well-documented strength - if he's off it in that regard, he won't be playing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well, that doesn’t help much :)
This is an even stranger match thread than the Chelsea one.
DL: These days that makes you an OG I think the term is.
NB: What’s that ?

GB: Original gangster.

:shrug:

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Had a very mixed game last night, did Steele. Made a series of decent saves, and of course the assist - but he passed the ball straight to a Brentford player on literally about 5 occasions. That bit is his well-documented strength - if he's off it in that regard, he won't be playing.
There was a lot of wayward passing at the back, both from him and Webster.

I almost got the impression the players had been told to play as high risk as they possibly could to see where their limit is. It certainly turned into an exercise in closing down space 12 yards out.

Should also mention that the passing out under pressured and the closing down was made to look easy by Veltman. He was brilliant.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
i thought BOTH teams did this on far too many occasions to be simple misplaced passes. and given our style of playing passes withing inches of the opposition its obviously a worry. I did wonder at the time, even though they were different colours both teams shirts were similar when there was lots of quick movement and players quite close to each other, if the stripes were confusing the payers, maybe they were catching the stripes out of the corner of the eye and passing to the wrong players, quite a few from both teams looked deliberately placed.

It may have just been a bad stream, but when the players were all jostling in the box, it was hard to tell the teams apart

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here