Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Superstitions

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
For the Leeds United game I wore my Seagulls lounge wear /pj's all day apart from one quick change to go to the shop.
After a great win, I thought I would do the same for the Blackpool game and we get another win.So, I am now in my Seagulls lounge wear ready for this evening. The shop run will be included again.

Anyone else got a superstition going for tonight's game?

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I had a smart grey mid-layer top that appears to be associated with us not winning! I didn't wear it against Leeds or Blackpool, and it will be staying in the cupboard tonight!!!
On a related note, I used to coach a kids football team and following a win on the 1st game we played at U17s, I wore my football socks, conveniently marled "L" and "R" (Who knows!!) on the wrong foot for two seasons during which we went unbeaten in the league! and lost one cup game!!! Ridiculous behaviour, especially as I work in a science-based industry!!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes although more habits than superstitions and I didn't even know about them. One benefit of not being able to go to the games and watch them all on the TV is that I've been able to watch most of the games, except the late night ones, with my two young boys. They pointed out that I always touch wood (chair leg/mantelpiece etc) and tap my head for some reason if we or the opposition have a penalty or free kick in a dangerous area. Bit odd, never realised I did it. very conscious of it now!

Also they say that as soon as the game kicks off, first or second half, I always shout 'Come on Albion!' straight away. Again, I hadn't picked up I did that until they said. Can't kick the habit of match going I suppose.

I do also make sure I've got a four pack of lager or cider before every game and ensure I drink them all!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I shut my eyes when we take a penalty .

My partner wears a tatty old BHAFC Bobble hat he's had since 1979 ! , a Derby fan thought it would be good fun to whip it off his head in a pub , it didn't end well , I've no idea how a hat could survive for over 40 years the amount of abuse it's had , its certainly hit the TV and floor during games more than it's been washed :sick:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I strip naked, spin round three times, down a litre of milk, and shout Up the Albion.

This is why I was arrested in the Tesco dairy aisle.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I watched the Test match so I recorded the Leeds United match as I was asleep. I then mistakenly saw the result before the match.

So I'll give the game a miss and look the result up later.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I once fell asleep on a bus listening to the Albion.

Albion won, but my passengers said it was a nervy hour and a half.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I broke my lucky mug which caused a series of draws against teams around us. Daughter no.2 bought me a new one for Christmas, it's taken a bit of time, but I think the luck has finally charged in it

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I have an pair of Albion argyle socks that I've had for a few years. We always seem to draw when I wear them.

This year for Christmas I got a new pair of Albion argyle socks. Wore them for the West Ham game so it would appear the draw curse has passed over to the new pair.

I did however buy myself a pair of blue and white socks from Norman Walsh which I had on during the Leeds game.

Today I am wearing a plain pair of navy blue cotton socks......I have no idea what this means for this evening. Should I change socks or will that jinx us? If so would you be happy with a draw or is a must win?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I used to do a lucky walk Around the stadium before each home game.
It started as a quick tour of the stadium to kill some time years ago when I turned up too early for a match and we won and so I kept doing it.
I can't even remember which match it was that started it now but it's now just become part of my pre match routine.
don't have a 100 percent belief it's lucky or will make us win but i do actually enjoy the walk,and it would feel a bit strange if I didn't do it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Funnily enough, I made an effort to get out my Albion PJs and black hoodie because that's what I wore for Leeds. Guaranteed win

el punal

In our last season at Withdean 2010/11 and for the first time in twenty years I was able to watch the Albion on a regular basis i.e. Saturdays and evening games. I snaffled a season ticket and managed to watch 18 home games. My routine was always the same - drive over from Southampton, park in the Black Lion car park, have two pints of Guinness, walk up to the ground, buy a cheese burger from the van and watch the team warm up. Always, always wore my navy blue Albion polo shirt.

It worked, until the Southampton and Huddersfield games, when I went by train. :down:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have an pair of Albion argyle socks that I've had for a few years. We always seem to draw when I wear them.

This year for Christmas I got a new pair of Albion argyle socks. Wore them for the West Ham game so it would appear the draw curse has passed over to the new pair.

I did however buy myself a pair of blue and white socks from Norman Walsh which I had on during the Leeds game.

Today I am wearing a plain pair of navy blue cotton socks......I have no idea what this means for this evening. Should I change socks or will that jinx us? If so would you be happy with a draw or is a must win?
They are blue so they will suffice. And yes, it is a must win game, so if you are not confident, please change them.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They are blue so they will suffice. And yes, it is a must win game, so if you are not confident, please change them.

It's a worrying day when I'm confident about the Albion so I don't think I can use that as a yardstick.

I think I'm asking for trouble changing them mid way through the day so I'm going to stick with them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I shall be wearing this tonight, with the collar turned up:

618LlBfIgZL._AC_UL1050_.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here