Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion sign James Furlong

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has been named in the Republic of Ireland U-21 squad (alongside Andy Moran and Killian Cahill).

Paul McShane has also been named as the assistant coach.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Strange one this - bids rejected earlier in the window, not close to first team, nothing public about him moving on before Friday and new contract signed a few months ago. The guy seems to be in a state of limbo.
The forgotten man, no less.
Closer to first team that we might think? Or keeping him here until another Pervis back up is found...?
Even those speculating who from our youth ranks might go out on loan consistantly fail to include him........
I don’t think he has played for the U21’s either this season and was not involved in any friendlies. Strange one.
As you say - strange one. We were seeking bids (for a loan, I believe) for him earlier in the window - impossible that no-one wants him, shirley? Not even Motherwell wanting him back? (although I'm sure he and the club would prefer a step up to League 1 or the Championship).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Being sold today, championship or abroad

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Confirmed

Now, having not kicked a single ball for Hull since he signed for them, it looks like he's off again - a loan by the looks of it, because Rosenior apparently believes he has potential, but not ready for the Championship yet. What nexr? - back to Motherwell, where he had a successful half season loan earlier this year?

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/11916336/ireland-u21-james-furlong-championship-hull-city/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here