Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 2018/19 Financial Review

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I presume the 10-15 million for Knocky will come into play in the next set of accounts ?

10 to 15 million you say........Fulham fans want to send him back so I can't see Fulham wanting him at any price.:D

Edit sorry I can see my mistake now ha ha

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Something to keep you occupied whilst still waiting for Southern to deign to send a train to Falmer, or in my case, some typing to keep me from falling asleep whilst driving up the M40.

http://priceoffootball.com/brighton-2018-19-switch/

So given Uncle T is in for £350+m, what is a finger in the air current value of the club should someone wish to purchase it? Would Tony see a profit or loss?

Mike Cashley appears to see Newcastle's value as £400m, although clearly no one else does, with experts suggesting more like £300m.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd like to see [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] generate an acrostic of 'Qazvin' on any subject of his choosing ???

It isn't that hard.....

Questioning recruitment at the Albion is a perennial past time of some Brighton supporters.

Alireza Jahanbaksh has been a paricular target for the ire of some.

Zamora, he may not be, but we should have more faith in the club's transfer process.

Vindication, of course will manifest only if we see some good performances by recent singings.

In the meantime, it is understandable for supporters to scrutinize the club's recruitment team.

Nobody, doing an honest day's work, however, expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shocked that we pay around the same as West ham in wages, I thought they were throwing around big bucks. Our league position seems to match wages paid which makes sense.

In fact looking at the figures, our aim of top 10 is not that fanciful.

Leicester are doing amazing things with what they are spending and gives hope that Brighton could challenge for a champions League place in the next few years. Fine lines.

Shocked that we pay around the same as West ham in wages, I thought they were throwing around big bucks. Our league position seems to match wages paid which makes sense.

In fact looking at the figures, our aim of top 10 is not that fanciful.

Leicester are doing amazing things with what they are spending and gives hope that Brighton could challenge for a champions League place in the next few years. Fine lines.

Since those old 2017/18 accounts, Gold & Sullivan went on a spending spree, signing Yarmolenko, Haller, Wilshire, Fornals, Diop, F.Anderson and Fabianski, and awarded a big contract to Lanzini. Paying up to £115k a week by some accounts.

Their payroll cost for 2019/20 will reflect this.

The spending spree has propelled them to ..... bottom half.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The staff costs must be largely reflective of us having to build a stable premier league squad as we have seen very few outgoings over the past few seasons to balance some of the outlay.

You would expect to see a fair amount off the books this summer. The following all may be moved on

Ali J
Andone
The DJ
Knocky
Balogan
The greyhound
Duffy
Bong
Murray

Must be a few quid tied up in that lot

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The staff costs must be largely reflective of us having to build a stable premier league squad as we have seen very few outgoings over the past few seasons to balance some of the outlay.

You would expect to see a fair amount off the books this summer. The following all may be moved on

Ali J
Andone
The DJ
Knocky
Balogan
The greyhound
Duffy
Bong
Murray

Must be a few quid tied up in that lot

Possibly Tau and MacAllister as well if we can't (or don't want to) get them in the country.

I can't get over that £47k per week. For every Dunk and Trossard, there is also a Steele and a Bong. If we are averaging £47k per week, it stands to reason that some are going to be up to £70 to 75K. I genuinely had no idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here