Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion 19th biggest net spend in world football over last decade according to CIES report

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst I’m always slightly sceptical on these figures, CIES laboratories are usually pretty reliable

Remember, this expenditure includes the purchase of Chris O’Grady.

0D8C1C24-69A3-4D72-9C7A-B61E7E369D99.jpeg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
cant possibly be right. that lot up the road always spout on abot how we have spent far more than them

The assumption is that these stats don’t cover this transfer window entirely as the majority of that €150m earned in sales would have been pulled in this summer leaving no room for the White/Knockaert money etc.

It will be interesting to see how far we’ve dropped down their table once these stats catch up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where was this last night...

...when I was struggling to sleep.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Do they say the cut off date?
White 50 million
Cuc 55 million (or so)
Biss 30 million
Ostigaard 10 million

Pretty much cover the 150 million and that excludes players like knocky, Tau etc and lots of younger players we have let go recently where the millions add up. You will know better than me but it seems quite high for players bought and low for players sold. Might this be because we often don’t disclose? Surely people find out though?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everton are the club that keep on giving.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
White 50 million
Cuc 55 million (or so)
Biss 30 million
Ostigaard 10 million

Pretty much cover the 150 million and that excludes players like knocky, Tau etc and lots of younger players we have let go recently where the millions add up. You will know better than me but it seems quite high for players bought and low for players sold. Might this be because we often don’t disclose? Surely people find out though?

I'm guessing they are going by the lowest possible value rather than the with add ons number.
No way we have sold £150m + this window.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm guessing they are going by the lowest possible value rather than the with add ons number.
No way we have sold £150m + this window.

It’s interesting that Transfermarkt’s 10 year net figure for us is around -€150m in player ins and outs. I know they are normally wrong by quote some margin but I can’t get my head around the €398m expenditure in the table unless it includes more than player acquisitions?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
White 50 million
Cuc 55 million (or so)
Biss 30 million
Ostigaard 10 million

Hard to work out when he cut off is. We earned 70m last season alone with White, Burn plus a handful of smaller fees. Previous to that in the last decade I can recall the following sales:

Ulloa
Buckley
Bridcutt
Barnes
Baldock
Norwood
Goldson
Knocky
Mooy

What’s that, 40m in total? Add 70m from last year gives 110m. My guess is that our 150m includes Biss and Ostigaard from this summer, but not Cucurella or Clarke.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
In 2011 we moved into our first (permanent) footballing home since 1997 from Brighton’s school sportsday athletics stadium. In the last six-seasons we’ve been establishing ourselves as a PL team with upper end table ambitions. The club has also built world-class training/development facilities with a mind to producing elite level footballers. Compared to many (all) other clubs on that list we’ve done that on a comparative shoestring - and, as others have pointed out, the last calendar year has seen us sell well over £150m of players. Amazing vision, strategy and story.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So boring…who finds these reports?! :wink:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It’s interesting that Transfermarkt’s 10 year net figure for us is around -€150m in player ins and outs. I know they are normally wrong by quote some margin but I can’t get my head around the €398m expenditure in the table unless it includes more than player acquisitions?

If total spend then works on then costs associated with the Amex and also the Academy too. Such as purchasing some land to build facilities for ladies and girls facilities would be included in that and also other big works at Lancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If total spend then works on then costs associated with the Amex and also the Academy too. Such as purchasing some land to build facilities for ladies and girls facilities would be included in that and also other big works at Lancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that total spend is player acquisition. We’ve spent about 50m every year in the PL, so it sounds about right.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here