Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Akpom's stinking attitude

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How the hell did he end up at Ajax?

I'm gobsmacked! I appreciate he did OK at Boro in the championship but how is that a route to Ajax?
I imagine Swansea City fans will probably have the same reaction to seeing that Viktor (0 goals in 11 appps) Gyokeres is playing and scoring regularly for Sporting

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Well, I gues that is better than OK. But my gob is still firmly smacked
Now, admittedly, he has currently scored 0 goals and 0 assists in 7 appearances (for a grand total of 149 minutes) for Ajax so far...

...in his last two games he's been brought on as a 90th minute sub!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Now, admittedly, he has currently scored 0 goals and 0 assists in 7 appearances (for a grand total of 149 minutes) for Ajax so far...

...in his last two games he's been brought on as a 90th minute sub!
Scored against us last season. The fact that he's on the bench shows they are no mugs upfront.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My memory of Chuba is of the funniest attempt at an overhead kick I've seen. It basically went straight up, vertically, and quite a long way. It was right in front of the North Stand.

If anyone has video evidence of this I would be delighted.
You are thinking of Jonathan Obika IIRC. It was one of the funniest moments of the past decade.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Scored against us last season. The fact that he's on the bench shows they are no mugs upfront.

Yeah, they were a real tour de force going forward. I would say they looked like 1970s Brazil, but that would be doing them a disservice. It was like if Michael Jordan had decided to play with the MonStars in Space Jam. A life altering experience.

Sorry in advance for when they inevitably put 5 past us in the return leg.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeah, they were a real tour de force going forward. I would say they looked like 1970s Brazil, but that would be doing them a disservice. It was like if Michael Jordan had decided to play with the MonStars in Space Jam. A life altering experience.

Sorry in advance for when they inevitably put 5 past us in the return leg.
I'm genuinely a little annoyed we let them hit the post. The rest of the time they looked like they probably wouldn't score against our Under 18s, if our Under 18s had two sent off - one of them the keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here