Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ajax ticket collection - extra requirement NOT on email - unlikely to be problem for those with smartphones

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It probably won’t affect many, but be aware it is mandatory to show your ticket collection email twice in order to collect the ticket; once to a bouncer on the door (“if someone can’t show me the email I won’t let them in”) and once to the lady who will hand you your ticket.

Nowhere in the ticket collection email does it say this is a requirement (“
  • You will need your unique collection number and passport/photo driving license with you.”) and nowhere in the travel guide either.
This is unlikely to be a problem for those with access to your emails via a mobile device, but might be for those who don’t have a smart phone and rock up expecting to be able to collect your ticket with just the collection number and an acceptable form of ID.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be fair the email states "Your Ticket Collection Voucher For AFC Ajax".

Which surely means you need a copy to collect your ticket?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Maybe to some (the majority even?), but it didn’t to me. I assumed that the instruction “You will need your unique collection number and passport/photo driving license with you.” covered all the requirements.

Anyway - if I’m the only one who thought that some might be seriously inconvenienced by not taking a means of showing the email, then fair enough.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Maybe to some (the majority even?), but it didn’t to me. I assumed that the instruction “You will need your unique collection number and passport/photo driving license with you.” covered all the requirements.

Anyway - if I’m the only one who thought that some might be seriously inconvenienced by not taking a means of showing the email, then fair enough.
Better to be safe than sorry

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

“voucher” is a strange choice of words, why not email?

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
The guy in front of me didn’t have the collection number email’ but was let in. :shrug:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The guy in front of me didn’t have the collection number email’ but was let in. :shrug:
What.
This is a terrible breach of security protocol.

Should have been sent packing and told to return with the required email.

Where are jobworths when they are needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here