Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
What should plan B look like?
Not being predicable and regardless of the outcome attempting the exact same passages of play that will leave us clearly vulnerable when we lose the ball in the press 25 yards out.

We are too slow in the built up and seemingly afraid to take risks when a half chance through ball or shot isn’t taken, instead we recycle and the opposition get back and organised and become more difficult to breakthrough

He’s in contrast of his own beliefs in saying he doesn’t believe in gambling (hoofing) but equally wants his players to use their own minds.

From my view point. It’s like the players are scared to deviate from the rigour, you only have to look at the mannerisms when the RDZ whistle comes out.

TL;DR

Fast built up
Long and short
Not afraid to shoot onsite

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
What tactics should de Zerbi use?
1. Lump it up to the big man and fight for the second ball?
2. Play longer, direct balls to the wingers and (buffalo girls) go round the outside (round the outside)
3. 8 man low block?
4. Something else ( please explain what)?
Do you understand how De Zerbi plays? I suspect if you did you wouldn’t be asking that question

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yes, I understand and I also see lots of posters saying he has no plan B, so I'm asking what do you think the tactics should be?
As you know he generally relies on his 2 DM’s to receive vertical passes from the DC’s to break the first line of pressure. This requires a certain level of technical skill to undertake successfully. The main striker drops deep to pull out the opposition centre backs leaving a massive gap to be exploited by the very wide player getting in behind centrally.

Given we have sold our 2 key DM’s and our main wide players have been injured for much of the season then this tactic is less effective and leaves us vulnerable when playing out from the back.

Plan B should be to not continue to do that and to utilise the assets of the available players to devise a system that will work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here