Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Ajax vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not standard. If it wasn't for one of my best friends being there I would have gone in the Albion end if I had the choice. I don't like the corporate crap at football.
Ah, the old ‘my friend is an Ajax fan and he says they’re shitehouse‘.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not standard. If it wasn't for one of my best friends being there I would have gone in the Albion end if I had the choice. I don't like the corporate crap at football.
Sure, but you drop more references here to your high-life than herrtubb

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Thanks for that but I looked there, and the Times and Sky sports.
This is the BBC report that I got:

I have also emailed the club asking for that info on the club website match reports but no reply.
Click on Lineups and it’s at the bottom.

IMG_0043.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks for that but I looked there, and the Times and Sky sports.
This is the BBC report that I got:

I have also emailed the club asking for that info on the club website match reports but no reply.
On that BBC report, scroll down and down, and then click on Line Ups. It was right at the bottom of that under the referee's name.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I bought a Dutch paper yesterday, and have just got Google to do a bit of a translate of the match report (it's a bit lacking in any real analysis of BHA!!):

"After the painful elimination in the qualifying round last year, the knockout stage of the Europa League this season seems already too high for Ajax. Interim coach lohn van't Schip saw that the folding and the dynamics, which were much improved just last week, now - like in the first game with Brighton - barely produced a decent chance, let alone the necessary goals and points to really hold qualification for the second European stage in their own hands.

Van 't Schip made one surprising change to his starting line-up. Devyne Rensch, recovered from an ankle injury, started as a central defender. On paper, at least, because in practice he shifted to the midfield to flank Silvano Vos and provide extra optics to Ajax's three defenders. Van 't Schip wanted Brighton to chase the play, rather than the other way round, as he saw Ajax vainly park the bus in England before his appointment.

"If we ourselves are bold and attack, Brighton can play their own game and they actually become more vulnerable" he said before the game.
However, despite two futile penalty claims Ajax did not force a goal before half-time. "The power our attackers used in putting pressure, they then lacked to create chances and goals," Van 't Schip analysed.

That helplessness would not have been as bad if the Ajax side, playing with seven youths, did not give anything away. That happened when Brighton even got a goal as a gift when Vos slid a blind pass into the path of Simon Adingra after 15 minutes. The Ivorian helped Ansu Fati (the mercenary who was plagued by injuries at Barcelona) taste a little more footballing happiness again with a through pass. The Spaniard left Ramaj hopeless in the far post.

Vos, more ball handler than a playmaker, like the injured Branco van den Boomen, was immediately cheered up by teammates. "It is hard, for a young boy. I also made a lot of mistakes. Then it is important that you feel support," Rensch said. Van 't Schip concurred. "I think you should pick up a boy like that than kick him further into the ground".

Substitutes Georges Mikaucadze (fine pass), Forbs (fractionally late) and Chuba Akpom (on the fists of Orange goalkeeper Bart Verbruggen) were also unable to reward the supporters' support with a tying goal. As a result, Ajax remained bottom of the table, knowing that the second place is not impossible, but the third place and the linked intermediate round in the Conference League is really only realistic. Van't Schip looked encouragingly further ahead ..Brighton have been in the process for a couple of years. We only three days."

Captain Steven Bergwijn felt Ajax showed more courage on the ball than last time out. "That was also the coach's instruction," said Bergwijn (pictured).
"Those two moments were decisive though," Bergwijn referred to the goals against, which fell in the 15th and 53rd minutes "I think Brighton were not very dangerous and we did deserve a goal". Bergwijn is positive about the mood at Ajax since the arrival of coach John van't Schip. "There is a good feeling".

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Also - apologies - translated match report missed a few bits out - feel free to read in the original Dutch....

Attachments

• AD Newspaper-Ajax match_1.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 35
  • AD newspaper-Ajax match_2.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 34

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
My Dutch isn't great but I think in a footballing context "huurling" for Ansu means loanee, not mercenary 😂

Google always comes out with a few odd words

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here